Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
Tank Weld Equipment expected to sell 25 Shacman trucks this year, and placed that order with the Chinese manufacturer.
But the units have already sold off, according to Managing Director John Ralston, who said at the launch of the new truck dealership this week that he has put in an order for more trucks.
"Six months into the year we are four times ahead of our dealer target for the year 2018 and every day our numbers are climbing. The customer feedback has been very encouraging," Ralston said at the launch event.
"We ordered 25 trucks and thought that would be enough to keep us for the rest of the year or at least for a good length of time before the next order. Those were sold out before they arrived and we have another 15 on order that are being prepared for shipment," he later told the Financial Gleaner.
The truck dealership became operational in January. Tank Weld is the dealer for the Shacman in Jamaica, and is also the master dealer for the Caribbean.
Shacman meanwhile has set up its regional headquarters in Jamaica, close to Tank Weld's complex at Six Miles in Kingston. The office staffed by five Chinese nationals living in Jamaica two administrative, two technical and one after-sales person, according to Ralston.
Tank Weld repurpose a five-acre facility which formally housed the offices and repair yard of Tank Weld Equipment Limited, a subsidiary of the Tank Weld Group, to house the truck dealership.
"We've spent about US$1.5 million already and that's just on the facility. In terms of stock that is an ongoing matter and we've been moving along with the orders,' Ralston said.
The new facility houses showrooms and a 12-bay service station, as well as a spare-part and merchandising unit. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- SHACMAN Delivered 37 Port Tractor Trucks in Ningbo 2018-08-09
- Shacman New M3000 Truck with Upgraded Power Hits Market 2018-08-09
- Five Heavy-duty Trucks Expected to Get Launched in Second Half Year 2018-07-31
- Shacman Trucking Jamaica To Achieve Success 2018-07-19
- Dayun Motor and Shacman Display New Electric Trucks in Beijing 2018-07-17
- Tank-Weld Starts Operation in Jamaica as SHACMAN's Sole Dealer 2018-07-16
- Shaanqi Dump Trucks Go up 96.4% to Stand at 29,503 Units in First Six Months 2018-07-09
- SHACMAN Displays its Products in Pakistan 2018-07-04
- 1,000 Units Shaanxi Automobile and Ruijiang Concrete Mixers Delivered 2018-06-14
- Shacman Cummins Held Promotion in Chile 2018-06-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November