Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
Tank Weld Equipment expected to sell 25 Shacman trucks this year, and placed that order with the Chinese manufacturer.
But the units have already sold off, according to Managing Director John Ralston, who said at the launch of the new truck dealership this week that he has put in an order for more trucks.
"Six months into the year we are four times ahead of our dealer target for the year 2018 and every day our numbers are climbing. The customer feedback has been very encouraging," Ralston said at the launch event.
"We ordered 25 trucks and thought that would be enough to keep us for the rest of the year or at least for a good length of time before the next order. Those were sold out before they arrived and we have another 15 on order that are being prepared for shipment," he later told the Financial Gleaner.
The truck dealership became operational in January. Tank Weld is the dealer for the Shacman in Jamaica, and is also the master dealer for the Caribbean.
Shacman meanwhile has set up its regional headquarters in Jamaica, close to Tank Weld's complex at Six Miles in Kingston. The office staffed by five Chinese nationals living in Jamaica two administrative, two technical and one after-sales person, according to Ralston.
Tank Weld repurpose a five-acre facility which formally housed the offices and repair yard of Tank Weld Equipment Limited, a subsidiary of the Tank Weld Group, to house the truck dealership.
"We've spent about US$1.5 million already and that's just on the facility. In terms of stock that is an ongoing matter and we've been moving along with the orders,' Ralston said.
The new facility houses showrooms and a 12-bay service station, as well as a spare-part and merchandising unit. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- 1,000 Units Shaanxi Automobile and Ruijiang Concrete Mixers Delivered 2018-06-14
- Shacman Cummins Held Promotion in Chile 2018-06-13
- CIMC Monthly Production Volume Exceeds 2,000 Units 2018-06-05
- Shacman Aims to Increase its Exports to 20,000 Units in 2018 2018-05-23
- SHACMAN Delong X3000 LNG Truck and M3000 CNG Truck Set to Make Splashes 2018-05-17
- SHACMAN Opens First Assembly Plant in Algeria 2018-05-10
- SHACMAN Cummins Power Continues to Strengthen its Presence in Zambia 2018-04-18
- TuSimple and Shacman Jointly Create X6000 Driverless Container Truck Fleet 2018-04-08
- SHACMAN Unveils Its Delong New M3000 Intelligent Construction Truck in Shenzhen 2018-03-20
- Tank-Weld To Distribute Shacman Trucks in Jamaica and Caribbean as Sole Dealer 2018-03-05
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
- KIA Comes Back to Pakistan with Frontier K2700 Pickup
- Autonomous Trucking Obtains Popularity in China
- Daimler Unveils Two Heavy-duty Electric Trucks in Race with Tesla
- JD.com Launches Solar Delivery Trucks in Green Logistics Push
- JD.com Unveils Self-driving Truck
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July