Dongfeng Plans to Expand Vehicle Lineup for the Korean Market
China’s state-owned automaker Dongfeng Motor Corp. will expand its vehicle lineup for the South Korean market in hopes to cut deeper into the market dominated by Korean or European and Japanese brands.
Shinwon CK Motors, a Korean car dealer network dedicated to Chinese brands, on Thursday announced to release various new EV models of Dongfeng Automobile Co., the export arm of Dongfeng Motor, by early next year. The models include minibus, 0.5-ton van, and 1-ton truck.
The Chinese brand has been encouraged by solid sales in the Korean market since its products - mostly commercial vehicles - have been shipped by Dongfeng Sokon Automobile Co. (DFSK) devoted to overseas market. Shinwon CK Motors had earlier signed a contract with DFSK to import its mini truck C31 and C32, small freight van C35 and plug-in hybrid (PHEV) sports utility vehicle Glory PHEV. Glory SUV sold 176,000 units in China last year.
The first batch of 300 units was entirely sold out, and the second shipment has recently arrived.
DFSK has an annual output capacity of 500,000 units and ships to 70 countries.
“We’ll expand vehicle lineup and open more sales outlets and maintenance centers for Chinese brand’s vehicles in Korea,” said an official at Shinwon CK Motors. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- 12 Most Valuable Commercial Vehicle Brands in China, 2018 2018-06-25
- Dongfeng Trucks Ready for Ghanaian market 2018-06-22
- Dongfeng Duolika Dewei Series Truck Made its Debut 2018-06-06
- 26 Units Dongfeng Trucks Soon to Start Operation in Tanzania 2018-05-23
- Dongfeng D9 Medium-sized Truck Makes its Debut in Chengdu 2018-05-22
- Dongfeng Truck Makes Entry into West Africa Market 2018-05-21
- Dongfeng KX Hazardous Materials Delivery Truck Unveils in Shandong 2018-05-16
- Dongfeng Opens Its First Powertrain Plant in China 2018-05-15
- Dongfeng and Jumeng Sign a Deal for 1,000 Units Trucks 2018-05-10
- Dongfeng Held a Forum on Intelligent and Connected Vehicles Tech 2018-05-03
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
- KIA Comes Back to Pakistan with Frontier K2700 Pickup
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sold 84,755 Units in November
- Medium-sized Trucks Sold 21,133 Units in November
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September