Tank-Weld Starts Operation in Jamaica as SHACMAN's Sole Dealer
Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries Minister, Hon. Audley Shaw, has endorsed the partnership forged between Jamaican firm, Tank-Weld Group and Chinese state-owned entity, SHACMAN, which manufactures heavy-duty trucks.
Under the collaboration, Tank-Weld Group, the largest supplier of building materials locally, through its subsidiary, Tank-Weld Equipment, will be the sole dealer for SHACMAN trucks in Jamaica.
SHACMAN Jamaica’s operations will be facilitated through Tank-Weld’s recently transformed purpose-built regional maintenance facility at Ferry in St. Catherine.
Its upgrading involved the addition of a 3,200 sq. ft. showroom; a 12-bay workshop to facilitate pre-delivery inspections, maintenance and repairs; a 3,000 sq. ft. parts department with state-of-the-art inventory management software; and an on-site in-bond facility for housing up to 50 trucks.
The partnership also involves JN Bank, which will provide commercial loans for persons purchasing the trucks, and is expected to go a far way in providing reliable units for local haulage contractors requiring heavy-duty vehicles.
SHACMAN Jamaica was formally launched during a ceremony at the Spanish Court Hotel, New Kingston, on Monday (June 25).
Mr. Shaw, who delivered the keynote address, described the partnership as an expansion in Jamaica’s longstanding relationship with the People’s Republic of China.
He noted that while the collaboration involved the Government of China, the other partner is an “eminent private-sector company”, and described the partnership as a “fantastic initiative”.
Mr. Shaw said the Government and people of Jamaica continue to be appreciative of the expanding relationship and growing partnership shared with their counterparts in China.
“I am very pleased to be associated with this (launch), because this initiative is part of the march towards increased productivity in the country,” he added.
For his part, Commercial Counsellor at the Chinese Embassy in Jamaica, Jianghong Fan, described the launch as a “historic moment” for the partnering stakeholders, as also relations between the countries.
He noted that the Chinese Government attaches “great importance” to this relationship, “and will work with Jamaica to promote sustained and in-depth growth of our friendly partnership for common development… to deliver real benefits to our two countries and people”.
Tank-Weld Equipment General Manager, John Ralston, described the partnership as “a revolution in (the local) trucking industry”.
JN Bank’s Managing Director, Curtis Martin, said the institution welcomes the opportunity to provide access to financing that will enable persons to purchase the trucks.
“Tank-Weld’s vast experience in construction and engineering gives it the perfect platform to deliver SHACMAN trucks to the Jamaican market. These are trucks which have proven their value across Asia, Europe, Africa and the Americas,” he noted.
The launch was also attended by representatives of SHACMAN’s Central and South America Regional office, headed by General Manager, Yan Xie. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- SHACMAN Delivered 37 Port Tractor Trucks in Ningbo 2018-08-09
- Shacman New M3000 Truck with Upgraded Power Hits Market 2018-08-09
- Five Heavy-duty Trucks Expected to Get Launched in Second Half Year 2018-07-31
- Shacman Trucking Jamaica To Achieve Success 2018-07-19
- Dayun Motor and Shacman Display New Electric Trucks in Beijing 2018-07-17
- Shaanqi Dump Trucks Go up 96.4% to Stand at 29,503 Units in First Six Months 2018-07-09
- SHACMAN Displays its Products in Pakistan 2018-07-04
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations 2018-06-27
- 1,000 Units Shaanxi Automobile and Ruijiang Concrete Mixers Delivered 2018-06-14
- Shacman Cummins Held Promotion in Chile 2018-06-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November