The Two Millionth Heavy Duty Engine Just Produced at Cummins' Jamestown Plant
Today Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI) announced the production of the two millionth engine at its Jamestown Engine Plant (JEP) in Jamestown, New York. JEP remains one of the company’s largest manufacturing facilities; it accounted for 14.7 percent of Cummins total engine production in 2017.
Cummins acquired the more than one million-square-foot facility in 1974, using it initially to manufacture engine components. Since building their first engine in 1981, production in recent years typically exceeds 100,000 engines annually. Jamestown is home to the production of Cummins heavy-duty engine technologies including the X15, ISX12, X12, ISM11 diesel engines and ISX12N natural gas engine as well as historically the ISX15 diesel engine and ISX12 G natural gas engine.
"We credit much of our success to the hard-working employees that commit themselves every day to provide products and services that meet or exceed our customers’ expectations," said Anna Dibble, Cummins JEP Plant Manager. "They work to provide this company with quality products that we feel proud to stand behind. They are also committed to improving where they live, JEP annually contributes $1 million back to the community through charitable donations."
JEP employees are committed to an environment where the key values of integrity, diversity & inclusion, caring, excellence and teamwork encourage employees to work together to power a more prosperous world.
With 1,700 employees working in the facility, JEP has grown about 20 percent since 2012 and is the largest private employer in Chautauqua County, New York. International trade has been the single most important contributor to Cummins growth and hiring for nearly two decades. Half the company’s business is outside of the U.S. Because of its global presence and ability to export, Cummins suppliers, which are primarily small and medium-sized businesses, are also growing.
"Jamestown Engine Plant plays an important role in our company's ability to produce a broad range of engines for different customers around the world serving a wide variety of markets," said Brett Merritt, Cummins Vice-President On-Highway Engine Business.
"From the first engine built at the plant in 1981 to our innovative technologies today, which have reduced emissions by 98 percent, JEP provides engines that offer solutions that represent the strength of our company and the power, reliability and durability customers have come to expect with a Cummins heavy-duty engine. We will continue to invest in innovations in our diesel and natural gas products, and JEP will be important to Cummins, our customers and our OEM partners for many decades to come.”
Two of our valued customers, Navistar and Penske Truck Leasing, are the recipients of Cummins two millionth engine.
"Navistar and Cummins have a strong history of working together to serve our customers," said Michael Cancelliere, President, Truck and Parts, Navistar. "Navistar is excited that Cummins’ two millionth engine is going to one of our mutual customers in our International® LT Series truck. We look forward to continuing our partnership with Cummins to bring value to our customers." (www.chinatrucks.com)
- New Cummins X12 Engine to be First Introduced to Refuse Market by Autocar Trucks 2018-06-27
- Shacman Cummins Held Promotion in Chile 2018-06-13
- Chinese Automaker JAC Forms Joint Venture with Cummins 2018-05-15
- Autocar Trucks to Offer First New Cummins X12 Engines in North America 2018-04-18
- SHACMAN Cummins Power Continues to Strengthen its Presence in Zambia 2018-04-18
- Dongfeng Cummins ISZ Engine Took Part in 2018 Dakar Rally 2018-03-23
- Five Major Events in Cummins in 2017 2018-02-09
- Cummins Inc. Sales up Record 17% for Year, 22% for Quarter 2018-02-09
- Dongfeng Cummins ISZ Engine Makes Entry into New Market 2018-02-09
- Cummins Acquires Johnson Matthey’s Automotive Battery Systems Business 2018-02-02
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November