Scania Sets to Launch Its Own China Truck Factory As Ownership Rules Eased
Swedish truck and bus manufacturer Scania is planning to set up its first vehicle plant in China after Beijing eased its restrictions on firms' foreign ownership.
Scania's financial unit is proceeding with the factory application, after which the operation plan will be put into action at the end of this year or the beginning of next year, Steve Wager, the general manager of Scania China told online news outlet Jiemian.
Beijing lowered the limit of foreign-funded firms' ownership in some sectors to 51 percent last month, which means that overseas companies can buy out their local partners and have more power in decision-making in these ventures.
Scania already has two factories in China, which is its largest market in Asia. Sales hit a new high last year, driven by a surge in demand for tractors, as well as commercial trucks and chassis trucks.
Scania is quite content about the performance of its new-generation trucks in China, Wager said, adding that independent dealers and direct-sale franchisers will coexist to expand Scania’s marketing networks. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Scania Wins Latest 1,000 Point Test for the Second Year in Succession 2018-02-28
- Scania Invests in Electric Battery Cell Technology for CVs 2018-01-31
- Scania Ends 2017 on a High in Australia 2018-01-03
- Next GEN Scania Range Turns Record Sales 2017-08-03
- Scania to Sell Heavy Commercial Vehicles in Pakistan 2017-07-10
- Driveless Truck 'Platoons' Head for Australia's Main Roads 2017-06-15
- Scania S 500 to be Shown Off in Australia at 2017 Brisbane Truck Show 2017-04-05
- Scania Expands Industrial and Commercial Operations in Thailand 2017-02-09
- Scania Hitches Ride on Airbus Ferry 2016-12-06
- 10 Scania G440 Delivered to Vonbbon Logistics 2016-12-01
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- JAC int’l Business Achieved a New Record and Ranked No.4 Among the Industry
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Up by 43% in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May