Foton Motor to Set up a Plant in Bangladesh to Assemble CVs
Foton Motor, a Chinese vehicle manufacturer, will set up a plant in Bangladesh by next year to assemble commercial vehicles, a top official of the company said yesterday.
“The market for commercial vehicles in Bangladesh is very potential as the demand is increasing in line with the country's consistent economic growth,” said Chang Rui, president of Foton International.
He was talking to The Daily Star after the signing of an exclusive dealership deal with local ACI Motors at the ACI Centre in the capital for marketing Foton vehicles.
Rui did not disclose the amount Foton will be investing in the assembly plant.
At present, the country's market size for commercial vehicles is about Tk 4,200 crore a year and the segment is dominated by Indian vehicles. Japanese vehicles used to control the segment a decade ago.
ACI Motors believes that this partnership will enable it to grab 10 percent of the market of commercial vehicles within the next three years, according to Subrata Ranjan Das, executive director of the company.
He said they would launch the commercial sales of Foton vehicles in November this year. By signing the agreement, ACI Motors has become the sole distributor of a wide range of commercial Foton vehicles like pick-up van, double cabin pick-up, school van, dump truck, transit mixer, bulk cement carrier, fire service vehicle, cleaning vehicle, and heavy crane.
Kazi M Aminul Islam, executive chairman of the Bangladesh Investment Development Authority, said the investment would help develop the private sector.
“I hope Foton's entry into the country will help Bangladesh adopt new technologies and business knowledge,” he said.
FH Ansarey, managing director of ACI Motors Ltd, said the motors business was significantly associated with the movement, speed and growth of Bangladesh.
“ACI Motors inspired people to jump from bull carts to power tillers, power tillers to tractors and now tractors to high-speed four wheelers. It was our long cherished dream to initiate this business,” he added.
Ansarey and David Lee, executive vice president of Foton Motor for South Asia, signed the agreement. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Foton Partners with CADF and CAFIC to Deepen Investment Cooperation in Africa 2018-09-10
- 100 Units New Foton Auman ETX Car Carriers Delivered to Chongqing Customer 2018-09-07
- Foton Motor Opens a New Strategic Pattern in Myanmar 2018-09-03
- Foton Business Vehicle Sales Grew 6.7% in H1 2018-08-22
- Foton Philippines Debuted Toano Limousine 2018-08-21
- Foton Forland Held its 2018 Mid-term Business Conference in Harbin 2018-08-15
- Foton Motor Launched Auman EST A in Malaysia 2018-08-13
- Foton and Italian Piaggio Group Compeletes Final Step in Partnership for LCV 2018-07-20
- New Foton Auman ETX Car Transporter Delivered to Customers 2018-07-18
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand 2018-07-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Daimler Rolls Out 100,000th Vehicle from TN Factory
- Hyundai Put Self-driving Truck on South Korean Highway for Test Run
- JAC int’l Business Achieved a New Record and Ranked No.4 Among the Industry
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Dongfeng Sold 11,322 Units Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- China Sold 266,000 Units Trucks in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Up by 43% in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018