BYD to Construct 20GWh Battery Factory in Chongqing
BYD has signed an agreement with the government of the Chinese city of Chongqing to construct a battery factory with an annual capacity of 20 GWh. This was announced via a statement to the stock market in Hong Kong.
The new factory will serve to produce battery cells and systems under one roof. Furthermore, BYD is planning to set up development services for third parties in the location at some point in the future as well. The cost for the new factory is reportedly around 1.2 billion euros. When construction is set to begin and be completed was not mentioned by the company.
At the start of July, BYD and Changan Automobile announced their plan to set up a factory in Chongqing as part of a strategic cooperation to produce batteries for electrified vehicles. Talk was of an annual production volume of five to six GWh, making their way up to 10 GWh eventually. It is not clear whether these 10 GWh were counted as part of the 20 GWh capacity that BYD spoke of with the current factory set up. This either means that BYD is relying somewhat heavily on the joint venture for their battery manufacturing, or that BYD will be doubling their manufacturing capacities short term.
In terms of total production strategy, BYD is planning to increase their annual capacity from the currently expected 28 GWh this year to 48 GWh in 2019 and up to 60 GWh in 2020. The batteries will not only be used for their own vehicle models, but also sold to third parties. As a comparison: CATL is planning to increase their battery cell manufacturing to 88 GWh by 2020.
- BYD T5A Electric Light Truck Passes High-temperature Tests 2018-08-13
- BYD to Deliver Electric Refuse Trucks to Seattle 2018-07-20
- BYD Electric Intelligent Dump Trucks Start Large-scalely Operation in Shenzhen 2018-07-16
- BYD To Deliver 200 Electric Trucks To Brazil 2018-07-11
- BYD Trucks Officially Available to Export to Canada for Sale and Operation 2018-07-06
- BYD Qinghai Battery Plant Starts Operation 2018-06-28
- BYD T5 Electric Freight Delivery Truck Set to Make New Splashes 2018-06-14
- CATL & BYD Rise to Enter Top 3 Global Battery Makers 2018-06-08
- BYD Delivers First Battery-electric 8TT Truck to Port of Oakland 2018-05-29
- BYD Lands Deal for 200 Electric Trucks with Corpus in Brasil 2018-05-22
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Hyundai Put Self-driving Truck on South Korean Highway for Test Run
- JAC int’l Business Achieved a New Record and Ranked No.4 Among the Industry
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 266,000 Units Trucks in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Up by 43% in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May