FAW South Africa’s Coega Plant Celebrated the Assembly of 4 000th Truck
FAW South Africa’s Coega assembly plant, in the Eastern Cape, in August celebrated the assembly of the 4 000th FAW truck in South Africa.
Inaugurated in July 2014, the FAW plant was the first large-scale investment made by a China-based company in the region.
The R600-million plant employs 120 people.
The plant has increased production to include almost all FAW commercial vehicles sold in the sub-Saharan region today.
It has produced 1 061 vehicles in the past 13 months, averaging 81 vehicles a month, which were either sold locally or exported into Southern Africa.
To date, 16 different models have been assembled, ranging from the 8.140 to the 420 hp FAW 33.420FT truck tractor, which is the newest model in the company’s extra-heavy commercial vehicle range and the successor to the FAW 28.380FT.
Total FAW exports reached 159 units in 2016, increasing by 212 units in 2017, establishing FAW as the second largest commercial vehicle exporter in South Africa.
The brand also set a new sales record in 2017, despite the tough economic environment. Sales grew from 929 units in 2016, to 1 032 units in 2017. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- 28 Units Jiefang Engines Meeting National VI Emission Standards Roll Off Line 2018-09-11
- Linglong Tire Enters into Technical Strategic Cooperation with FAW 2018-09-05
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018 2018-08-03
- FAW Jiefang J6P Dumping Trucks Set Splashes in Chongqing 2018-08-02
- Five Heavy-duty Trucks Expected to Get Launched in Second Half Year 2018-07-31
- FAWDE Attends Power-Gen Africa 2018 2018-07-19
- Chinatrucks.com Finds FAW Jiefang Parts for Customer from Trinidad and Tobago 2018-07-19
- Jiefang Trucks Make a High-profile Appearance at SCO Qingdao Summit 2018-07-13
- FAW Jiefang Sold 169,000 Units Medium- and Heavy-duty Trucks in H1 2018 2018-07-10
- Mahle Visited FAW Jiefang Wuxi Diesel Engine Works 2018-07-09
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Scania Announced No Diesel-Powered Vehicles on Show at 2018 IAA
- TuSimple’s Autonomous Trucks Can See 1,000M And That Could Be A Game-Changer
- Truck Makers Step Closer in Adopting Electric Commercial Vehicles
- Daimler Rolls Out 100,000th Vehicle from TN Factory
- Hyundai Put Self-driving Truck on South Korean Highway for Test Run
- JAC int’l Business Achieved a New Record and Ranked No.4 Among the Industry
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Dongfeng Sold 11,322 Units Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- China Sold 266,000 Units Trucks in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Up by 43% in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018