Weichai and Russian KAMAZ Sets up Production of Large Natural Gas Engines
Russian heavy duty vehicle manufacturer PJSC KAMAZ has signed an agreement with Weichai Power Co. Ltd. of China to establish a joint venture on a parity basis for the production of industrial engines in Russia. The joint venture KAMAZ VEYCHA LLC, which specializes in the production of industrial diesel and natural gas engines with a capacity of more than 17 liters, capacity from 520 to 2000 kW, is planned to be located in the free areas of the KAMAZ subsidiary in the Yaroslavl Region – PJSC Tutaevsky Motor Plant.
The first engines are planned to be implemented this year. The production of the joint venture will comply with the environmental standards “Stage IIIa”. It is assumed that the main region for the sale of engines will be the CIS countries and the Customs Union of the Eurasian Economic Union (Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan).
The opening of this joint venture upon reaching the planned capacity will create about 160 new jobs, which will be located in Tutayev, a town in Yaroslavl Oblast on the Volga River, 300 km northeast of Moscow.
“We are pleased to jointly with Weichai, one of the leaders in the field of research, development, production and sales of diesel and gas engines, organize a modern, flexible and in-demand production of high-power engines, which have no analogues in Russia”, commented the CEO of PJSC KAMAZ, Sergey Kogogin. “Today we are actively working on the development of the product line, complementing the range of products with high-tech models. The new product is especially necessary for many industries, in particular for shipbuilding and locomotive building, for diesel and gas electric generators, as well as for heavy-duty special machinery.”
Weichai has manufactured nearly 40,000 sets of natural gas engines in total so far, which are widely used on buses, trucks, engineering machines, marine auxiliaries, etc. Weichai has engaged in R&D of LNG marine engines since 2008. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Shacman Rolls Out Truck with Weichai WP10 Engine for Coal Hauling 2018-09-12
- Weichai Power Pours USD163 Mln in Canada’s Ballard Power for a Major Stake 2018-09-11
- Weichai Enters into a Deal with Westport to Develop Natural Gas Engine 2018-08-31
- XCMG Deepens Partnership with Weichai Power 2018-06-26
- Weichai (Tokyo) Innovation Center Was Established 2018-06-22
- Weichai WP13 550 Horsepower Engine Widely Used Among High-end Trucks 2018-05-31
- Weichai to Start Cooperation with Russia-based Kamaz 2018-05-21
- China’s Weichai Announces Partnership with Fuel Cell Maker Ceres Power 2018-05-18
- Weichai Environmentally Friendly Power Solutions Shine at Auto China 2018 2018-04-28
- Foton Daimler and Weichai Jointly Launch Two Auman Trucks 2018-04-25
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Scania to Present New Plug-in Hybrid Truck at the IAA 2018
- Scania Announced No Diesel-Powered Vehicles on Show at 2018 IAA
- TuSimple’s Autonomous Trucks Can See 1,000M And That Could Be A Game-Changer
- Truck Makers Step Closer in Adopting Electric Commercial Vehicles
- Daimler Rolls Out 100,000th Vehicle from TN Factory
- Hyundai Put Self-driving Truck on South Korean Highway for Test Run
- JAC int’l Business Achieved a New Record and Ranked No.4 Among the Industry
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Dongfeng Sold 11,322 Units Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- China Sold 266,000 Units Trucks in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Up by 43% in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018