IAA 2018: Volkswagen New Commercial All-electric Vehicles Debut
Dr Thomas Sedran, Chairman of the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Brand's Board of Management, outlined the brand's objectives: "In the Tradition of Volkswagen to be one step ahead, we are just now working on solutions for the challenges of tomorrow, think ahead about sustainable mobility for our customers and for better air quality in our cities."
The Cargo e-Bike. In an in-house project, the brand developed a three-wheel cargo pedelec, which brand customers will be able to use to create more options for the "last mile" - tradesmen, for instance, could use it to ride to maintenance and service jobs with climate neutrality. The Cargo e Bike can carry up to 210 kg - including the driver - and can handle a cargo volume of one-half cubic metre. Equipped with a 250-watt mid-mounted motor with an automatic gearbox, it has a small turning circle and innovative tilt-compensating technology which always keeps the load platform horizontal. "Our Cargo e-Bike brings together all of the known usage and ride properties to make a perfect product", emphasises Sedran.
The ABT e-Caddy and the ABT e-Transporter. These two new, electrically powered solutions for urban traffic were developed in cooperation with VWCV's strategic partner ABT, and they close a previous gap in the brand's electrified model programme. With the kick-off of the e-Crafter, retrofit solutions have already been prepared for the small vans and city delivery vehicles that will arrive in the market in early 2019. Battery capacities are 36 and 72 kWh. This enables the vehicles to cover a range of 200 or 400 km.
The I.D. BUZZ CARGO concept van. As the ideal vehicle for the urban traffic of tomorrow, it is of course all-electric and offers many design solutions and maximum convenience for the driver. Also new: the Internet of Things is coming on board. A new "electrified" shelving system was developed for service installers and maintenance technicians, for example, which offers connectivity with a functional control unit of the user. The job and ordering system can be implemented in this way. All items on the shelves can be tracked. If someone needs an item, they can have it delivered automatically. The doors can be opened electrically, and the shelving system can be customised. Sedran: "This vehicle stands as proof that we listen to our customers, understand their needs and develop solutions that are precisely designed to meet them. In short: We supply to each of our customers the vehicle that they need."
The Crafter HyMotion concept van. It is based on the e-Crafter and is essentially a successor model for long distances. The Crafter HyMotion is an electrically powered 3.5-tonne van whose energy is supplied by a fuel cell. Its 4.2-kg hydrogen tank enables a total range of 350 km. The tanks in the HyMotion have a modular design. A second version is available with larger tanks for driving ranges of up to 500 km. Heinz-Jürgen Löw, Head of Sales and Member of the Board of Management of Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, emphasised: "This is still a concept vehicle, but the technical concept is already near-production. We are conducting an intensive cost and benefit analysis to determine its market potential. The Crafter HyMotion with a fuel cell drive is absolutely a beneficial addition to our drive portfolio of petrol, diesel, natural gas and electric motors."
Thomas Sedran outlined that despite progress made in the seamless electrification of its products, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles would continue to rely on highly advanced diesels as the backbone for logistics of many branches and operational purpose - long distance runs, in rough terrains and for heavy loads.
The brand is already showing the solutions for tomorrow's challenges today. Sedran: "We are linking the present to the future. True to the IAA motto of our brand: "Transporting Your Future". And this future is beginning now!"
In Hannover - from 20 to 27 September 2018 - Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles will be showing 50 vehicles of all model series in Hall 12 of the exhibition centre and 21 more vehicles in the outdoor exhibition area. Show visitors can also test drive an additional 37 vehicles at the ADAC test track. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Brazil Ambev Placed an Order for 1,600 All-electric Trucks with Volkswagen 2018-08-24
- Volkswagen Group and JAC Explore Joint Venture for Multi Functional Vehicles 2017-11-28
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates 2017-10-12
- Handed with Volkswagen JAC CVs Welcome New Development Opportunities 2017-09-15
- JAC and Volkswagen Sign Joint Venture Deal to Produce New Energy Vehicles 2017-06-02
- Volkswagen Trucks Division Targeting Strong Rise in Profitability in 2017 2017-03-22
- Volkswagen up! pickup revealed 2012-03-06
- Volkswagen AG to set a new target in 2010 2010-09-25
- Volkswagen AG to produce low cost truck in China 2010-09-21
- Volkswagen Amarok pickup makes the scene 2010-01-22
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- IAA 2018: New Mercedes-Benz Actros Unveils Daimler’s Next-Gen Safety Techs
- IAA 2018: Volkswagen New Commercial All-electric Vehicles Debut
- Ford F-Max Crowned International Truck of the Year 2019 at IAA
- Ford Unveils Transit Custom PHEV at IAA Commercial Vehicle Show
- Daimler Kicks off into IAA 2018 with Around 500 Journalists and 100 Vehicles
- Scania to Present New Plug-in Hybrid Truck at the IAA 2018
- Scania Announced No Diesel-Powered Vehicles on Show at 2018 IAA
- TuSimple’s Autonomous Trucks Can See 1,000M And That Could Be A Game-Changer
- Truck Makers Step Closer in Adopting Electric Commercial Vehicles
- Daimler Rolls Out 100,000th Vehicle from TN Factory
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Dongfeng Sold 11,322 Units Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- China Sold 266,000 Units Trucks in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Up by 43% in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018