VW's Traton Announces JV for Electrified Trucks with Hino
Traton, formerly Volkswagen Truck & Bus, and Hino have announced new details of their strategic partnership. They intend to pool their strengths when it comes to electric transport and are also planning to set up a joint venture for procurement.
In the field of e-mobility, Traton and the Japanese commercial vehicle manufacturer want to share their research in order to accelerate time to market for products.
An initial framework agreement for a strategic cooperation with Toyota’s utility subsidiary Hino Motors had seen VW declare their plan to include hybrid and electric systems in their cooperation options before.
More so because the companies are working in complementary sectors. TRATON is focused on heavy-duty applications with vehicles from Volkswagen brands MAN, Scania and the Brazilian truck and bus division, while Hino focuses on light- and medium-duty trucks. Joining forces will strengthen the innovation power of the partners, according to a press release. By leveraging the cooperation, both companies also plan to expand their positions in their local markets.
The authorities still have to approve the agreement. The joint venture could start operations for electric trucks in the second half of 2019. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- GAC Hino Rolls Out 700 Zhenzhi Truck for Transporting Dangerous Chemicals 2018-08-27
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia 2018-08-03
- VW Truck & Bus Enters Cooperation with Hino Motors 2018-04-18
- GAC Hino Zhenzhi Makes its Debut to the Market 2018-01-29
- Hino Motors' New Koga Plant in Japan off to a Good Start 2017-11-24
- Japan's Hino Motors to Build Truck Plant in Russia 2017-10-10
- Hino New Trucks Debut at South America Joburg Futuroad Expo 2017-09-30
- Hino Celebrates Williamstown Plant's 10th Anniversary 2017-08-14
- Fuso and Hino Offer Swag in Southeast Asia 2017-05-08
- Philippine TMA eyeing first Truck & Bus Show in 2017 2017-04-27
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- IAA 2018: Daimler Affirms Truck and Bus Assembly Plant in Thailand
- IAA 2018: Volvo Trucks Makes Entry into Electromobility Solutions
- IAA 2018: New Mercedes-Benz Actros Unveils Daimler’s Next-Gen Safety Techs
- IAA 2018: Volkswagen New Commercial All-electric Vehicles Debut
- IAA 2018: Ford F-Max Crowned International Truck of the Year 2019
- Ford Unveils Transit Custom PHEV at IAA Commercial Vehicle Show
- Daimler Kicks off into IAA 2018 with Around 500 Journalists and 100 Vehicles
- IAA 2018: Scania to Present New Plug-in Hybrid Truck
- IAA 2018: Scania Announced No Diesel-Powered Vehicles on Show
- TuSimple’s Autonomous Trucks Can See 1,000M And That Could Be A Game-Changer
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Dongfeng Sold 11,322 Units Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- China Sold 266,000 Units Trucks in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Up by 43% in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018