IAA 2018: IVECO Delivers LNG-Powered Trucks to Hoyer
The Hoyer Group is exploring the potential environmental benefits of introducing vehicles with engines that use LNG as fuel into its road operations in the near future.
Vehicle manufacturer IVECO recently handed over the Stralis 440S40 NP type truck to the Hamburg-based logistics company Hoyer at the IAA in Hanover. In a joint project together with Total Deutschland GmbH, the Business Unit Petrolog will trial the alternative fuel vehicle that also has ADR dangerous goods certification, when making deliveries to Total’s service stations in the Hamburg and Bremen region in Germany from October 2018 onwards.
Fuelled by LNG, the truck has significant environmental advantages: compared to diesel engines, the Stralis 440S40 NP type truck emits 15% less CO2 and 60% less nitrogen oxide. Moreover, an LNG truck consumes 15% less fuel per km driven and operates at a lower noise level than conventional diesel-powered engines.
Giving reasons for the decision to procure the LNG truck, Mark Binns, Managing Director of the Business Unit Petrolog in the Hoyer Group, says: “Despite being more expensive to buy, we are convinced by the truck’s positive environmental and operational benefits. Introducing the truck will contribute towards our corporate initiative to reduce CO2 emissions produced by our vehicle operations by 25% per ton-km by 2020. IVECO is focusing on the promotion of trucks using alternative fuels, and is recognised as a pioneer of this technology which Hoyer sees as interesting and promising.”
The LNG-fuelled engine will be used in a truck that transports fuel to service stations in the Hamburg and Bremen region in Germany. The truck, which has been configured specifically for deliveries to service stations, will be tested in existing intensive delivery operations over the next six months. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Iveco Delivers 100th 8x8 Trakker Truck to the German Armed Forces 2018-09-14
- 20 Units Iveco Daily Delivered to Xi’an Railway Administration 2018-03-13
- Iveco Daily Set to Make its Debut at CCVS 2017 2017-10-30
- Iveco to Supply 500 New Stralis NP Trucks to Jost Group 2017-10-24
- Iveco to Attend China Fire Expo 2017 2017-09-04
- IVECO To Build STRALLS Down Under 2017-07-31
- Iveco Receives an Order for 400 New Gen Trucks from Swiss Army 2017-06-19
- IVECO Launches New EURO6 Daily Range 2017-05-02
- IVECO Plege 10-truck Brisbane Truck Show 2017-04-12
- IVECO Receives "NGV Global Industry Champion" award for Dedicating to NGVs 2017-03-31
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Yinchuan BYD New Energy Vehicle Production Base Rolls Out Its First Vehicle
- IAA 2018: Daimler Affirms Truck and Bus Assembly Plant in Thailand
- IAA 2018: Volvo Trucks Makes Entry into Electromobility Solutions
- IAA 2018: New Mercedes-Benz Actros Unveils Daimler’s Next-Gen Safety Techs
- IAA 2018: Volkswagen New Commercial All-electric Vehicles Debut
- IAA 2018: Ford F-Max Crowned International Truck of the Year 2019
- Ford Unveils Transit Custom PHEV at IAA Commercial Vehicle Show
- Daimler Kicks off into IAA 2018 with Around 500 Journalists and 100 Vehicles
- IAA 2018: Scania to Present New Plug-in Hybrid Truck
- IAA 2018: Scania Announced No Diesel-Powered Vehicles on Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- GAC Hino Sales Jumped by 148% From January to August
- Dongfeng Sold 11,322 Units Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- China Sold 266,000 Units Trucks in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Up by 43% in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June