IAA 2018: Meritor Launches New Blue Horizon Brand in Europe
At the IAA Commercial Vehicles show in Hannover, Germany this week, Meritor rolled out its new Blue Horizon brand to Europe that encompasses its emerging platform of advanced technologies centered on electrification, efficiency, and connectivity solutions for heavy- and medium-duty commercial vehicles.
“Blue Horizon will offer a product pipeline that meets accelerating global demand for efficiency, connectivity and electric solutions across multiple applications,” said Krista Sohm, vice-president, marketing and communications for Meritor. “The brand reinforces our commitment to being the leader in developing the industry’s technologies of tomorrow.”
Right now, Meritor representatives said it is currently conducting testing on these electric solutions, and the company claims it is on-track to deliver 30 all-electric drivetrains in 2018.
Blue Horizon products include:
• A disengageable tandem drive axle that delivers the efficiency of a 6×2 with the traction of 6×4
• Composite driveline, built with advanced materials to reduce weight while also increasing cargo capacity
• Advanced lube management system using electronics and pneumatics to manage critical axle components and increase axle efficiency significantly
At its press event at IAA, Meritor also rolled out its new MX-610 front drive and MZ-610 tridem rear axle for severe-duty applications.
“The front-drive steer axle and tridem are the next-generation axle combinations from our award-winning 610/P600 series and two of many new products Meritor is bringing to market as part of the company’s M2019 growth initiative,” said Tony Nicol, vice-president, front and rear drivetrain, Europe for Meritor. “Our state-of-the-art manufacturing and assembly system delivers the quality our customers expect for severe-duty applications.”
The company also teased a new single-piston disc brake that will be unveiled for both Europe and the US next fall. The new disc brake is supposed to be substantial lighter and more cost-effective.
The new brake is currently undergoing testing. And is set to be launched at the North American Commercial Vehicle show in Atlanta the last week of October. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Meritor® Launches Optimized EX+ Air Disc Brake 2017-09-30
- Meritor® Announces Electric Solutions Platform for Commercial Vehicles 2017-09-29
- Meritor CEO calls remanufacturing 'critical' to sustainability program 2012-10-15
- Meritor wins Remanufacturer of Year award from European mag 2012-09-05
- Meritor Wabco adds ABS system as standard on ProStar+, LoneStar 2012-08-07
- Meritor offering new instructor-led training courses 2012-07-17
- ArvinMeritor automobile body business has been sold 2011-01-05
- XMAL Invests Additional $17.3 Million to Expand its Off-Highway Business in China 2010-11-23
- Arvin Meritor sets up new production base in Nanjing 2010-11-04
- ArvinMeritor to sell body system business 2010-08-11
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Sinotruk Qingdao Heavy Industry to Attend the 124th CANTON FAIR
- Yinchuan BYD New Energy Vehicle Production Base Rolls Out Its First Vehicle
- IAA 2018: Daimler Affirms Truck and Bus Assembly Plant in Thailand
- IAA 2018: Volvo Trucks Makes Entry into Electromobility Solutions
- IAA 2018: New Mercedes-Benz Actros Unveils Daimler’s Next-Gen Safety Techs
- IAA 2018: Volkswagen New Commercial All-electric Vehicles Debut
- IAA 2018: Ford F-Max Crowned International Truck of the Year 2019
- Ford Unveils Transit Custom PHEV at IAA Commercial Vehicle Show
- Daimler Kicks off into IAA 2018 with Around 500 Journalists and 100 Vehicles
- IAA 2018: Scania to Present New Plug-in Hybrid Truck
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Self-dumping Truck Sales Jumped by 110% from January to August
- GAC Hino Sales Jumped by 148% From January to August
- Dongfeng Sold 11,322 Units Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- China Sold 266,000 Units Trucks in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Up by 43% in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018