China's Energy Giant Partners with Weichai to Develop Hydrogen Trucks
China's energy giant has partnered with a leading engine producer to jointly develop hydrogen trucks.
An agreement was inked between two subsidiary companies and a research institute of China Energy Investment Corporation (CHN Energy), the world's largest energy company for installed capacity, and manufacturer Weichai Power Company to produce heavy-duty mining trucks running on hydrogen. Such trucks will have a carrying capacity of more than 200 tonnes.
The companies aim to make breakthroughs in key equipment and engineering technologies through the cooperation, according to a statement.
The move marks a step forward in promoting clean fuel in China's transport sector, which has already witnessed the operation of hydrogen-powered buses in Shanghai as well as Chengdu, capital of southwest China's Sichuan Province.
CHN Energy's general manager Ling Wen said China's hydrogen fuel development has started to pick up pace, adding that more technological innovations will promote the use of hydrogen in a wide range of industries from cars to spaceships.
A report predicts hydrogen will soon become a significant part of China's energy mix, taking up a share of at least 10 percent. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Yuchai Releases K08 Diesel Engine with National VI Emission Standards 2018-10-11
- Yuchai and Germany Eberspaecher to Form a Joint Venture 2018-09-11
- Yuchai 580 Horsepower Engine to Hit the Heavy-duty Truck Market 2018-09-05
- The Successful Ignition of K08N-60 Marks a New Member added to China VI Engines 2018-08-24
- Yuchai Enters Qatar Market with 2022 FIFA World Cup Coming in Qatar 2018-08-24
- Yuchai Reached Consensus with Vietnam THACO on Strategic Cooperation 2018-08-16
- Yuchai Launches Electric Commercial Vehicles Project 2018-08-06
- Yuchai’s Performance on Overseas Market 2018-07-20
- Yuchai Boasts 400,000 Units Engines in Operation Abroad 2018-07-16
- Yuchai’s Constantly-growing Brand Value Exceeds RMB 40 Billion 2018-06-27
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Hino Improves Kenyan Customers Experience with the Brand
- Reverse Camera to Come as Standard on All Hino Trucks Sold in the Aussie Market
- Sinotruk Qingdao Heavy Industry to Attend the 124th CANTON FAIR
- Yinchuan BYD New Energy Vehicle Production Base Rolls Out Its First Vehicle
- IAA 2018: Daimler Affirms Truck and Bus Assembly Plant in Thailand
- IAA 2018: Volvo Trucks Makes Entry into Electromobility Solutions
- IAA 2018: New Mercedes-Benz Actros Unveils Daimler’s Next-Gen Safety Techs
- IAA 2018: Volkswagen New Commercial All-electric Vehicles Debut
- IAA 2018: Ford F-Max Crowned International Truck of the Year 2019
- Ford Unveils Transit Custom PHEV at IAA Commercial Vehicle Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- CAMC Medium- and Heavy-duty Truck Sales from January to September Grew 6.93%
- FAW Jiefang Sold 18,400 Units of Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in September
- SAIC Hongyan Self-dumping Truck Sales Jumped by 110% from January to August
- GAC Hino Sales Jumped by 148% From January to August
- Dongfeng Sold 11,322 Units Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- China Sold 266,000 Units Trucks in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Up by 43% in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June