BYD’s First Energy Storage Project in Poland Begins Operations
BYD has started up its first grid-scale energy storage project in Poland with the official opening of its new 1.26MW/2.52MWh energy storage facility.
The system, which was shipped into Poland in May, came online just a few months later in September, highlighting just how quickly large-scale stationary storage deployments can be brought online. The installation is the first in the Polish market and will be operated in partnership with ML System S.A.
“This will create a lasting change, bringing a huge market share to new energy companies,” BYD Renewable Energy Business Development Director Mr. Guo Bin said. “We believe that this project will be able to provide valuable lessons for power market reform and at the same time further consolidate our position in the Polish energy storage market.”
The new energy storage project will be combined with a 1 MW solar power plant, also sold by BYD, that will operate in conjunction with the new energy storage project to enable peak shaving and create a more stable grid for the country. The solar plus storage installation serves to address growing demand for electricity in Poland, which is adding approximately 1,000 MW of new power capacity per year, on top of an installed base generating capacity of 350,000 MW.
“Based on BYD’s good reputation and popularity in the European market, we actively invited BYD to participate in the very first application of battery energy storage in Poland’s power market,” ML System S.A. Project Manager Mr. Marcin Pyzik said.
Poland has a significant amount of work to do in the energy sector if it is to have any hope of meeting its EU carbon emission reduction targets and commissioned the “Energy Policy of Poland until 2030” plan in 2009 to address the gap.
Part of that plan stipulates that a full 15% of the energy usage in the country be from renewable sources by 2020, across three major areas: transportation, electricity generation, and heating/cooling. The latest report on the topic shows Poland being on track to exceed its commitment by 0.5% thanks to significant progress in renewable electricity generation, but there’s a hot debate about renewable sources of electricity there (wind & solar versus biomass) that we won’t dive into here.
BYD began as a battery company and over the last 2+ decades has grown into a full-service new energy company with complementary solar and automotive businesses. BYD has already supplied an estimated 462MW/463MWh of energy storage installations to customers in the US, Germany, France, Japan, Switzerland, Italy, Canada, Australia, and South Africa. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Hyundai Motor Agrees New Truck Partnership with Sichuan Energy in China 2018-09-06
- XCMG New Energy Light Trucks to Set Their Journeys on the Global Market 2018-06-22
- Qingling Successfully Delivers First Batch of New Energy Vehicles to Customers 2018-06-12
- XCMG New Energy Vehicle Makes Big Splashes in China 2018-05-18
- XCMG Releases Five-Year Development Plan for New Energy Commercial Vehicle 2018-03-23
- Yuchai New Energy Special Vehicle Production Base Starts Construction 2017-12-29
- Jiefang Wants to Make Waves in New Energy Vehicle Industry 2017-12-18
- Jiefang New Energy Vehicle Production Base Starts Official Operation 2017-12-11
- Sales of New Energy Commercial Vehicles Rose by 79.4% in July 2017-08-21
- First 100 Units Yuchai New Energy Vehicles Arrived in Nanning 2017-08-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD’s First Energy Storage Project in Poland Begins Operations
- SAIC Hongyan Firefighting Trucks to Serve APEC Leaders Informal Meeting
- Mercedes-Benz Launches New Actros, Arocs into Nigeria’s Market
- Tesla Secures Land in China for Its First Factory Outside US
- Heavy-Duty Truck Shows No Signs Of Stopping in China
- China Hydrogen Energy & Fuel Cell Forum Held in Haikou
- Hino Improves Kenyan Customers Experience with the Brand
- Reverse Camera to Come as Standard on All Hino Trucks Sold in the Aussie Market
- Sinotruk Qingdao Heavy Industry to Attend the 124th CANTON FAIR
- Yinchuan BYD New Energy Vehicle Production Base Rolls Out Its First Vehicle
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 292,200 Units Trucks in September
- CAMC Medium- and Heavy-duty Truck Sales from Jan. to Sept Grew 6.93%
- FAW Jiefang Sold 18,400 Units of Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in September
- SAIC Hongyan Self-dumping Truck Sales Jumped by 110% from January to August
- GAC Hino Sales Jumped by 148% From January to August
- Dongfeng Sold 11,322 Units Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- China Sold 266,000 Units Trucks in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Up by 43% in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018