China’s First Methanol Reforming Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trucks Enters Operation
Dongfeng Special Vehicle Co., Ltd announced on October 25, 2018 that its world’s first fuel cell electric truck T7, jointly developed with Suzhou Qingjie Power Supply Technology Co., Ltd. has entered into commercial operation in Kunshan, China. T7 vehicle is meant for 7.5 tons of carrying capacity with a vehicle model and factory serial number of EQ5080XXYTFCEV2.
The cooperation between Dongfeng and Suzhou Qingjie Power Supply is based on a customer-provider relationship, and from which Dongfeng procure its Methanol Reforming Hydrogen Fuel Cell system. The Methanol Reforming Hydrogen Fuel Cell system has begin entering mass production since MIIT issued the 303th batch of automobile vehciles. The first batch of vehicles with it has been brought on display at recent Kunshan International Audo Show.
This type of fuel cell electric truck was developed under the circumstances in China that there are not enough hydrogen filling stations. It is simply the first time for the technology to use on light truck. However, the hydrogen is offered in a different way compared with the traditional hydrogen storage container. In a hydrogen cell system, the hydrogen is made out of the chemical reaction between water and methanol and then is used to drive the fuel cell battery pile that generates electricity. With the hydrogen providing in a produce-and-play way, it is able to achieve a greater efficiency and directly reducing costs.
The characteristics of energy structure in China, especially the over-reliance on crude oil and natural gas in the transportation sector, made the use of methanol fuel cell system recognized worldwide as a“fuel cell solution with Chinese characteristics”.
With an additional methanol fuel cell system, the process of hydrogen generation, electricity generation and electircity rechaging can all be completed on a truck, helping to keep the battery in an optimum state and extend the service life. What most welcome by driver is that its operation cost per 100km is about 50% lower than that powered by diesel. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- 311 Units Dongfeng KR Trucks to Arrive in Beijing for Operation 2018-10-26
- Dongfeng Rolls Off Its First KR Full Electric Sanitation Vehicles 2018-10-24
- Dongfeng Cummins Set to Strengthen Competitiveness in Int'l Combustion Engine 2018-09-30
- 47 Units Dongfeng LNG Sanitation Trucks to Arrive in Xinjiang for Operation 2018-09-20
- New Generation Dongfeng KR Medium Trucks Officially Delivered to Customers 2018-09-12
- 110,000 Units Dongfeng Vehicles Work Smoothly in Africa 2018-09-11
- Dongfeng Sold 11,322 Units Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in August 2018-09-11
- Dongfeng Motor Parts and Components Group Makes Debut at 2018 Moscow Auto Show 2018-09-06
- Dongfeng Kinland Truck for Transporting Hazardous Materials Hits the Market 2018-09-05
- Dongfeng to Strengthen Strategic Cooperation with Huawei 2018-08-20
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD’s First Energy Storage Project in Poland Begins Operations
- SAIC Hongyan Firefighting Trucks to Serve APEC Leaders Informal Meeting
- Mercedes-Benz Launches New Actros, Arocs into Nigeria’s Market
- Tesla Secures Land in China for Its First Factory Outside US
- Heavy-Duty Truck Shows No Signs Of Stopping in China
- China Hydrogen Energy & Fuel Cell Forum Held in Haikou
- Hino Improves Kenyan Customers Experience with the Brand
- Reverse Camera to Come as Standard on All Hino Trucks Sold in the Aussie Market
- Sinotruk Qingdao Heavy Industry to Attend the 124th CANTON FAIR
- Yinchuan BYD New Energy Vehicle Production Base Rolls Out Its First Vehicle
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 292,200 Units Trucks in September
- CAMC Medium- and Heavy-duty Truck Sales from Jan. to Sept Grew 6.93%
- FAW Jiefang Sold 18,400 Units of Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in September
- SAIC Hongyan Self-dumping Truck Sales Jumped by 110% from January to August
- GAC Hino Sales Jumped by 148% From January to August
- Dongfeng Sold 11,322 Units Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- China Sold 266,000 Units Trucks in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Up by 43% in July
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018