37 Units First Batch Dongfeng KD Vehicles Delivered to Ethiopia
Before Nov. 11, the date of China's annual shopping bonanza, 37 Dongfeng KR KD trucks were delivered to its East African customer. According to Dongfeng Motor, these trucks will be shipped as knock-down kits (KD) from Dongfeng’s base in Shiyan city, China and locally assembled in Ethiopia. The delivery marks Dongfeng’s KD plant in East Africa will soon start its operation.
Ethiopia, located in Eastern Africa, is currently enjoying political stability and growth in economy, as well as an important country along One Belt One Road (OBOR). Furthermore, Ethiopia is also the largest truck market in Africa.
Dongfeng has been considering improving customer service and providing better products as a key measure in gaining customers’ trust in recent years. After conducting an investigation into foreign market, Dongfeng decides to proceed with its procedures to open up overseas market, including market entry mode, product plan, partner selection, network capability and KD plant, as well as flagship model.
On January, 2018, the delegation from Ethiopia led by Mr.Lewis, President and CEO of Dongfeng’s partner in Ethiopia and Mr. Fekadu, General Director, Mr. Setoal, Technical and Vice Sales Manager pays a visit to Dongfeng’s base in Shiyan City, Hubei Province. Mr. Lewis said “we are very pleased to work with Dongfeng Motor, which holds great strength and potential for research, manufacturing and market growth, and we have been impressed with the commitment and dedication shown by Dongfeng people. In future, we believe Dongfeng will become a leading truck brand in Ethiopia. With all our efforts, Dongfeng KR, the first truck introduced in here, is expected to become well-known to every Ethiopian.”
To offer products and service that cater to local culture and needs, Dongfeng has sent teams to carry out an investigation and teamed up with local partner to build its overseas KD plant with an annual production capability of 2000 units.
With the introduction of Dongfeng KR, Dongfeng Motor has expanded its presence in Ethiopian market. Upon arrival, these Dongfeng KR (KD trucks) will be assembled first and are expected to be delivered to its customers in the beginning of 2019. By then, some promotional event covering major sales areas in Ethiopia will also take place during the same period. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Dongfeng Delivers a Special Report at Engine China 2018 2018-11-15
- Dongfeng KX Trucks Arrive in Shenyang for Operation 2018-11-06
- China’s First Methanol Reforming Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trucks Enters Operation 2018-10-26
- 311 Units Dongfeng KR Trucks to Arrive in Beijing for Operation 2018-10-26
- Dongfeng Rolls Off Its First KR Full Electric Sanitation Vehicles 2018-10-24
- Dongfeng Cummins Set to Strengthen Competitiveness in Int'l Combustion Engine 2018-09-30
- 47 Units Dongfeng LNG Sanitation Trucks to Arrive in Xinjiang for Operation 2018-09-20
- New Generation Dongfeng KR Medium Trucks Officially Delivered to Customers 2018-09-12
- 110,000 Units Dongfeng Vehicles Work Smoothly in Africa 2018-09-11
- Dongfeng Sold 11,322 Units Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in August 2018-09-11
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Dongfeng Delivers a Special Report at Engine China 2018
- SHACMAN Signs a 100-million RMB Contract with Cummins
- JAC Attended 2018 China(Macau) International Automobile Exposition
- XCMG Marks 3rd Year in Pakistan
- FAW Secures a Credit Line of 1 Trillion Yuan from 16 Chinese Banks
- BYD’s First Energy Storage Project in Poland Begins Operations
- SAIC Hongyan Firefighting Trucks to Serve APEC Leaders Informal Meeting
- Mercedes-Benz Launches New Actros, Arocs into Nigeria’s Market
- Tesla Secures Land in China for Its First Factory Outside US
- Heavy-Duty Truck Shows No Signs Of Stopping in China
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Top Ten Rankings for Light trucks, Mini Trucks, Heavy and Medium Trucks in Oct.
- FAW Jiefang Sold 237,500 Medium-and Heavy-duty Trucks between Jan. and Oct.
- Foton Aumark Sold 33,000 Units from January to September
- China Sold 292,200 Units Trucks in September
- CAMC Medium- and Heavy-duty Truck Sales from Jan. to Sept Grew 6.93%
- FAW Jiefang Sold 18,400 Units of Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in September
- SAIC Hongyan Self-dumping Truck Sales Jumped by 110% from January to August
- GAC Hino Sales Jumped by 148% From January to August
- Dongfeng Sold 11,322 Units Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- China Sold 266,000 Units Trucks in July