JAC Starts Assembling Trucks in Lagos, Nigeria
Lanre Shittu Motors (LSM), one of the leading auto firms in Nigeria, has started the local assembly of JAC trucks at its multi-million naira assembly plant in Lagos.
It is learnts that the plant has the capacity to produce 6 units of trucks in one shift or 12 in two shifts depanding on the market demand, and can produce about 150 vehicles monthly. The plant is expected to be unveiled early next year.
Mr Taowo Shittu, LSM Group Executive Director, destribed the plant as the most standard assembly plant in Nigeria. In the multi-million naira plant, all the equipment are imported from Germany.The plant is manned by Nigerian technicians with the supervision of JAC staff.
Shittu added that the plant also has the capacity to assemble vehicles from completely knocked down (CKD) kits and the trucks produced from the plant are of the same quality as those rolled out from other JAC assembly plants across the world.
Sales Manager, Medium and Heavy Truck Department of JAC, Shaun Yu, said the JAC trucks were specially designed for Nigerian market, noting that most of them have been running for eight years, and they are still in good condition.
Both sides are seeking the possibility of building another assembly plant in Mekun on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway for the production of buses, cars and pickups and another line for support vehicles like trailers, tanks, among others.
Yu said the partnership with LSM is a win-win, expressing strong confidence in their bright future.
- JAC Junling V9 Won the Highest Efficient Medium Truck Award 2018-12-03
- JAC and VW's Seat Join Forces to Develop EV Platform in China 2018-11-30
- The 10th Anniversary Ceremony of JAC in Chile is Held Grandly 2018-11-14
- JAC Attended 2018 China(Macau) International Automobile Exposition 2018-11-06
- JAC Gives Solution to Seize Opportunities of China-Africa Cooperation Warming-up 2018-10-19
- JAC to Launch Its First Shuailing 18-ton Medium-duty Truck in China 2018-10-16
- JAC Shuailing i3-T330 Electric Logistic Vehicle Makes its Debut 2018-10-11
- JAC Makes Entry into Argentina with SUVs, Pick-ups and Mini TrucKs 2018-09-29
- JAC T6 Ranks No.3 Among Chinese Pickup Exportation 2018-08-29
- 50 Units JAC Gallop K7 to Serve ZTO Express Soon 2018-08-29
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- XCMG Announces Partnership with Bahrain's Motorcity
- JAC and VW's Seat Join Forces to Develop EV Platform in China
- Volvo's Driverless Trucks Begin Working at a mine in Norway
- BYD Suspends Its Plan for Electric Truck Assembly Plant in Canada
- Dongfeng Delivers a Special Report at Engine China 2018
- SHACMAN Signs a 100-million RMB Contract with Cummins
- JAC Attended 2018 China(Macau) International Automobile Exposition
- XCMG Marks 3rd Year in Pakistan
- FAW Secures a Credit Line of 1 Trillion Yuan from 16 Chinese Banks
- BYD’s First Energy Storage Project in Poland Begins Operations
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Volume Reached 54,227 Units from January to November
- Top Ten Heavy-duty Truck Makers in November 2018
- SHACMAN Aims to Sell 155,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in 2019
- Top Ten Rankings for Light trucks, Mini Trucks, Heavy and Medium Trucks in Oct.
- FAW Jiefang Sold 237,500 Medium-and Heavy-duty Trucks between Jan. and Oct.
- Foton Aumark Sold 33,000 Units from January to September
- China Sold 292,200 Units Trucks in September
- CAMC Medium- and Heavy-duty Truck Sales from Jan. to Sept Grew 6.93%
- FAW Jiefang Sold 18,400 Units of Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in September
- SAIC Hongyan Self-dumping Truck Sales Jumped by 110% from January to August