First Electric Volvo Trucks Delivered to Customers
Volvo Trucks delivered its first all-electric vehicles on 19 February – a refuse truck to waste and recycling company Renova, and a distribution truck to the logistics company DB Schenker and partner haulier TGM, operating in Sweden.
The Volvo FL Electric trucks are part of a pre-series developed in collaboration with selected customers. Series production of the Volvo FL Electric and its powerful sibling, the Volvo FE Electric, will commence with a limited number of trucks for the European markets in the second half of 2019.
The absence of motor noise and exhaust emissions contributes to better working conditions for the drivers and a quieter, cleaner urban environment.
"Our close collaboration with drivers and customers has enabled us to develop, in a short space of time, electrified transport solutions that meet high requirements in terms of performance, driving distances, cargo handling and vehicle use,” says Roger Alm, President Volvo Trucks.
The drivers who will operate the electric trucks have had the opportunity to test-drive them prior to delivery, as part of the operator training. “The drivers were particularly impressed with the responsive driveline, delivering fast and seamless acceleration, and the low noise level,” summarizes Roger Alm.
“We will continue to develop our electrified offering. At the same time, we are steadily reducing the environmental and climate impact of our diesel and gas powered trucks, primarily through energy-efficient drivelines," says Roger Alm, President Volvo Trucks.
- Volvo's Driverless Trucks Begin Working at a mine in Norway 2018-11-29
- Volvo FH Celebrates Its 25th Anniversary and Delivers the Millionth 2018-11-02
- Eicher Volvo JV to Set up Rs 400 cr Truck Plant in Bhopal, India 2018-10-09
- IAA 2018: Volvo Trucks Makes Entry into Electromobility Solutions 2018-09-21
- Truck Makers Step Closer in Adopting Electric Commercial Vehicles 2018-09-12
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market 2018-07-02
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks 2018-06-22
- First Volvo Hydrostatic Road Sweeper with Allison Transmission to Debut at IFAT 2018-05-23
- Volvo Unveils Second Electric Truck 2018-05-10
- Volvo to Share Electric Truck Battery Tech Across Its Brands 2018-04-24
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- XCMG's 2.5 Billion Fire-Fighting Equipment Production Base to Be Completed
- Ford Exits Heavy Truck Business in South America
- China's Heavy Truck Makers Continue to See Strong Sales in January
- In-Driving Tech Puts Two Self-driving Trucks into Operation in Shanghai
- Tesla and Frito-Lay to Launch Near Zero Emissions Distribution Facility
- 2019 Discovery&Trust-Truck Owners Survey & Appraisal Awards Ceremony to Kick Off
- China to Replace 1 Million Outdated Diesel Trucks with Cleaner Ones by 2020
- Tusimple to Bring Autonomous Truck Total to 40 by June 2019
- XCMG Overseas Dealers' Appreciation Banquet Held at Shanghai, China
- XCMG Announces Partnership with Bahrain's Motorcity
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- JAC Light Trucks Sold 24,000 Units in January
- China Sold 34,000 Units Electric Trucks in 2018
- China Sold 3.8856 Million Units Trucks in 2018
- GAC Hino Heavy-duty Truck Sales Grew 140% in 2018
- China Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 80,000 Units in December
- China Sold 399,000 Units Tractors from January to November in 2018
- China Sold 326,300 Units Trucks in November
- Jiefang Sales Volume Reached 24,579 Units in November
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Volume Reached 54,227 Units from January to November
- Top Ten Heavy-duty Truck Makers in November 2018