Scania Opens a New Factory in Thailand
The investment in a new factory in Bangkok sends a strong signal to the market, and makes Thailand a hub for Scania’s operations in Asia.
With a new assembly facility for trucks and bus chassis in the Bangkok Free Trade Zone, Scania is strengthening its presence in Thailand and Asia. The new factory, which also holds a manufacturing facility for truck cabs, is the biggest production investment Scania has done outside Europe and Latin America.
The new establishment is a fully cross-functional set-up, manned by people from Scania´s Production and Logistics, R&D, Purchasing as well as Sales and Marketing. The total investment in the factory is THB 800 million.
“With this new industrial establishment and with local suppliers, we can now build Scania trucks and buses according to global specifications, with Thai origin. It gives completely new prerequisites for our growth in the ASEAN Free Trade Area,” says Gustaf Sundell, Managing Director for Scania Group Thailand.
“By increasing our local presence we are now able to quickly respond to the customers‘ demands, and make sure that we provide the best transport solution for each customer,” he continues.
In addition, a regional headquarter has been established in Thailand, to support Scania´s distributors in Asia and Oceania in developing business in their markets.
- Scania’s New Truck Generation Officially Launched in UAE 2018-11-02
- Scania Delivers Its XT P 370 6×6 Tanker to Fight Forest Fires in Sweden 2018-10-29
- IAA 2018: Scania to Present New Plug-in Hybrid Truck 2018-09-17
- IAA 2018: Scania Announced No Diesel-Powered Vehicles on Show 2018-09-12
- Scania Sets to Launch Its Own China Truck Factory As Ownership Rules Eased 2018-08-21
- Scania Wins Latest 1,000 Point Test for the Second Year in Succession 2018-02-28
- Scania Invests in Electric Battery Cell Technology for CVs 2018-01-31
- Scania Ends 2017 on a High in Australia 2018-01-03
- Next GEN Scania Range Turns Record Sales 2017-08-03
- Scania to Sell Heavy Commercial Vehicles in Pakistan 2017-07-10
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Scania Opens a New Factory in Thailand
- XCMG's 2.5 Billion Fire-Fighting Equipment Production Base to Be Completed
- Ford Exits Heavy Truck Business in South America
- China's Heavy Truck Makers Continue to See Strong Sales in January
- In-Driving Tech Puts Two Self-driving Trucks into Operation in Shanghai
- Tesla and Frito-Lay to Launch Near Zero Emissions Distribution Facility
- 2019 Discovery&Trust-Truck Owners Survey & Appraisal Awards Ceremony to Kick Off
- China to Replace 1 Million Outdated Diesel Trucks with Cleaner Ones by 2020
- Tusimple to Bring Autonomous Truck Total to 40 by June 2019
- XCMG Overseas Dealers' Appreciation Banquet Held at Shanghai, China
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- JAC Light Trucks Sold 24,000 Units in January
- China Sold 34,000 Units Electric Trucks in 2018
- China Sold 3.8856 Million Units Trucks in 2018
- GAC Hino Heavy-duty Truck Sales Grew 140% in 2018
- China Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 80,000 Units in December
- China Sold 399,000 Units Tractors from January to November in 2018
- China Sold 326,300 Units Trucks in November
- Jiefang Sales Volume Reached 24,579 Units in November
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Volume Reached 54,227 Units from January to November
- Top Ten Heavy-duty Truck Makers in November 2018