China Post and Deppon Express to Start Operating Autonomous Truck in April
Two of China’s leading delivery and logistics companies, China Post and Deppon Express recently announced that they will begin autonomous package delivery services in April this year. The delivery trucks will be equipped with level 4 autonomous driving technology developed by FABU,an artificial intelligence focused company.
In level 4 autonomous driving, the trucks is capable of taking control the majority of the traffic situations although a human driver can intervine anytime when necessary.
During the testing period, self-driving trucks operating on FABU technology run a 40-miles daily round trip along three different routes, with one delivery route passing through 50 intersections, 26 of which were controlled by traffic lights. The test was also carried out both in daylight and at night in different weather conditions such as rainstorms, snow and fog. During China's peak shopping season including Singles' Day, Christmas and Chinese New Year, the autonomous truck operated by FABU technology travelled in total over 2,200 miles and delivered over 60,000 parcels.
Xiaofei He, founder and CEO of Fabu noted“We are very excited that Fabu technology is at the heart of the first autonomous delivery trucks in China, China Post and Deppon have also been very pleased with the performance of FABU self-driving technology in their trucks and plan on expanding their autonomous delivery services to 100 routes in the near future.”
- SINOTRUK's Self-driving Electric Trucks Start Mass Operation in Tianjin Port 2019-02-27
- World's First Electric Self-driving Heavy Truck Debuts in Shanghai, China 2018-09-18
- TuSimple’s Autonomous Trucks Can See 1,000M And That Could Be A Game-Changer 2018-09-12
- JD.com Unveils Self-driving Truck 2018-06-01
- Waymo Unveils Self-Driving Semi Truck Pilot Program In Georgia 2018-03-20
- Jiefang Smart-driving Trucks Successfully Passed Trial Operation 2017-10-11
- Volvo Tests Self-Driving Trucks in a Mine in Sweden 2017-06-23
- Self-steering Volvo Truck Set to Increase Brazil’s Sugar-cane Harvest 2017-06-20
- First Electric Volvo Trucks Delivered to Customers 2019-02-27
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Changchun WABCO Vehicle Control System Co., Ltd. Starts Operation
- Scania Opens a New Factory in Thailand
- XCMG's 2.5 Billion Fire-Fighting Equipment Production Base to Be Completed
- Ford Exits Heavy Truck Business in South America
- China's Heavy Truck Makers Continue to See Strong Sales in January
- In-Driving Tech Puts Two Self-driving Trucks into Operation in Shanghai
- Tesla and Frito-Lay to Launch Near Zero Emissions Distribution Facility
- 2019 Discovery&Trust-Truck Owners Survey & Appraisal Awards Ceremony to Kick Off
- China to Replace 1 Million Outdated Diesel Trucks with Cleaner Ones by 2020
- Tusimple to Bring Autonomous Truck Total to 40 by June 2019
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 313,000 Units Trucks in January
- JAC Light Trucks Sold 24,000 Units in January
- China Sold 34,000 Units Electric Trucks in 2018
- China Sold 3.8856 Million Units Trucks in 2018
- GAC Hino Heavy-duty Truck Sales Grew 140% in 2018
- China Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 80,000 Units in December
- China Sold 399,000 Units Tractors from January to November in 2018
- China Sold 326,300 Units Trucks in November
- Jiefang Sales Volume Reached 24,579 Units in November
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Volume Reached 54,227 Units from January to November