"Refillable" Battery Could Provide 5000km Range for EVs
Most people are looking to buy an EV for their next car but range anxiety is remain a big concern among potential EV buyers. However, this will soon be resolved as a new type of "refilliable" battery technology coming out. It is known that this is a technology that will combine the strength of both battery and hydrogen power and could drive the passenger car up to 5000km.
“Historically, flow batteries have not been competitive because of the low energy density,” Cushman, Purdue University distinguished professor of earth, atmospheric and planetary sciences and a professor of mathematics said. “For example, conventional flow batteries have an energy density of about 20 watt hours per kilogram. A lithium-ion battery runs on 250 watt hours per kilogram. Our flow battery has the potential to run between three and five times that amount.”
This new type of fluid electricity system is developed by Purdue University based on a patented "flow" system and have already been puting test on golf carts. It is expected to provide an expected driving range of 3,000-3,600 miles (about 4,800-5,800km),the only thing drivers need to do is to refill the battery fluid every 480km or so. It only takes you the same time as refuelling for petrol and approximate costs you about $US65 ($A90)instead of spending 45 minutes in fast charging as you do for li-ion battery vehicles. The components or battery fulid are recycle and can be used again after recharging at a renewable energy plant such as a solar farm or wind turbine.
Additionally, the new technology allows the hydrogen created to be stored at a much lower pressure as opposed to most hydrogen-powered cars, which can be very dangerous with a 5,000 or 10,000 PSI tank. explained Michael Dziekan, senior engineer for the commercialisation company IFBattery.“The battery does two things: it produces electricity and it produces hydrogen. That is important because most hydrogen-powered cars run on a 5,000 or 10,000 PSI [pounds per square inch] tank, which can be dangerous,”he said.“This system generates hydrogen as you need it, so you can safely store hydrogen at pressures of 20 or 30 PSI instead of 10,000.
“It’s a game-changer for the next generation of electric cars because it does not require a very costly rebuild of the electric grid throughout the US. Instead, one could convert gas stations to pump fresh electrolyte and discard depleted electrolyte and convert oil-changing facilities to anode replacing stations. It is easier and safer to use and is more environmentally friendly than existing battery systems.”said Cushman.
- Hongyan GENTRUCK is Coming, Special for Port Transport 2019-03-13
- FAW Jiefang Engine Branch to Strengthen Cooperation with FAW Hongta 2019-03-12
- Three Foton Auman LNG Trucks Make Their Debut in Xi’an 2019-03-12
- XCMG Got One More Order for 30 Hanvan G7 Vehicles from Its Old Customer 2019-03-11
- FAWDE Conducts a Training to Win Electronic Control Service Struggle of Vietnam 2019-03-11
- Yuchai Brings YC6TD and YC4D on Display at Middle East Electricity 2019 2019-03-11
- FAST to Deliver 100 units AMT Transmission Gearboxes to Africa 2019-03-11
- Allison Spotlights Paula Chen at International Women’s Day 2019-03-10
- China Post and Deppon Express to Start Operating Autonomous Truck in April 2019-03-08
- Tan Xuguang Shows Confidence in Weichai’s Continued Growth in 2019 2019-03-08
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- "Refillable" Battery Could Provide 5000km Range for EVs
- Changchun WABCO Vehicle Control System Co., Ltd. Starts Operation
- Scania Opens a New Factory in Thailand
- XCMG's 2.5 Billion Fire-Fighting Equipment Production Base to Be Completed
- Ford Exits Heavy Truck Business in South America
- China's Heavy Truck Makers Continue to See Strong Sales in January
- In-Driving Tech Puts Two Self-driving Trucks into Operation in Shanghai
- Tesla and Frito-Lay to Launch Near Zero Emissions Distribution Facility
- 2019 Discovery&Trust-Truck Owners Survey & Appraisal Awards Ceremony to Kick Off
- China to Replace 1 Million Outdated Diesel Trucks with Cleaner Ones by 2020
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 313,000 Units Trucks in January
- JAC Light Trucks Sold 24,000 Units in January
- China Sold 34,000 Units Electric Trucks in 2018
- China Sold 3.8856 Million Units Trucks in 2018
- GAC Hino Heavy-duty Truck Sales Grew 140% in 2018
- China Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 80,000 Units in December
- China Sold 399,000 Units Tractors from January to November in 2018
- China Sold 326,300 Units Trucks in November
- Jiefang Sales Volume Reached 24,579 Units in November
- SAIC Hongyan Sales Volume Reached 54,227 Units from January to November