Tan Xuguang, Chairman of Weichai Group Won Italian Leonardo Awards
The Leonardo 2018 Awards ceremony took place at the Palazzo Barberini in Rome on March 20, in the presence of the President of the Republic Sergio Mattarella. Among the honorees, Tan Xuguang, Chairman of Weichai Group,is the only foreign entrepreneur to get the award of this kind, showing the influence and competiveness of Chinese companies on the international stage.
As the most influential award among Italian companies to recognize the economic person of the year, the Leonardo International Award is given to a foreigner in Italy who made great efforts to promote bilateral exchanges in areas such as the economy and technology. In 2018, the Leonardo Committee alone achieved a total turnover of almost 360 billion euros, about 20.4% of Italian GDP, with an average export share of 55%.
Tan, chairman of Chinese heavy-truck and components developer and manufacturer Weichai Group and Italian yacht-maker Ferretti Group, is the only foreign entrepreneur to get the award of this kind, showing the influence and competiveness of Chinese companies on the international stage.
Under the leadership of Tan Xuguang, the Weichai Group successfully completed the acquisition of the Ferretti Group, with a total investment of 400 million euros. According to Tan, Weichai will facilitate Ferretti, the world's largest luxury yacht manufacturer, to enter into China's marine market through strategic restructuring and promote the high-quality transformation of Shandong's marine economy.
Since 2009, Weichai has began a process of global expansion with the acquisition of Baudouin in France, KION and Linde Hydraulics in Germany, Dematic and PSI in the United States, Ceres in England and Ballard in Canada, reaching a global turnover of 31 billion euros.
- Tan Xuguang Answers Questions from Reporters at 2019 Two Sessions 2019-03-15
- Weichai Set to Strengthen its Presence in the Global Market 2019-03-14
- Tan Xuguang Shows Confidence in Weichai’s Continued Growth in 2019 2019-03-08
- Weichai Launches a New Round of Cooperation with Belarus 2019-03-04
- Weichai Delivers Impressive Performances in Early 2019 2019-02-28
- 19 Different Engines With National VI Emission Standards for Light Trucks 2019-02-18
- Weichai Power Won National Science & Technology Progress First Prize 2019-01-10
- Weichai Natural Gas Powered Engines Reach 10,000 Units in Monthly Production 2019-01-07
- The Six Millionth Engine Rolled off at Weichai 2018-12-19
- Weichai Group Tests Drive 90t BELAZ Mining Truck 2018-12-14
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- "Refillable" Battery Could Provide 5000km Range for EVs
- Changchun WABCO Vehicle Control System Co., Ltd. Starts Operation
- Scania Opens a New Factory in Thailand
- XCMG's 2.5 Billion Fire-Fighting Equipment Production Base to Be Completed
- Ford Exits Heavy Truck Business in South America
- China's Heavy Truck Makers Continue to See Strong Sales in January
- In-Driving Tech Puts Two Self-driving Trucks into Operation in Shanghai
- Tesla and Frito-Lay to Launch Near Zero Emissions Distribution Facility
- 2019 Discovery&Trust-Truck Owners Survey & Appraisal Awards Ceremony to Kick Off
- China to Replace 1 Million Outdated Diesel Trucks with Cleaner Ones by 2020
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 34,968 Units Tractors in February
- China Sold 313,000 Units Trucks in January
- JAC Light Trucks Sold 24,000 Units in January
- China Sold 34,000 Units Electric Trucks in 2018
- China Sold 3.8856 Million Units Trucks in 2018
- GAC Hino Heavy-duty Truck Sales Grew 140% in 2018
- China Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 80,000 Units in December
- China Sold 399,000 Units Tractors from January to November in 2018
- China Sold 326,300 Units Trucks in November
- Jiefang Sales Volume Reached 24,579 Units in November