The AI Master Justine Cassell Delivered a Speech in SINOTRUK
Ms. Cassell, the Co-chairman of WEF, the Future of Computing, Former Chairwoman of Global Artificial Intelligence Council and Vice President of Carnegie Mellon Human Computer Interaction Institute, headed a delegation to visit SINOTRUK. During the visit, she made a speech entitled AI and Global Future Economy in SINOTRUKTower. In the speech, she expressed her viewpoints on orientation of AI and its influence on the economy. More than 700 people from the government, universities and companies listened to her speech. According to Ms. Cassell, AI is not a tool. Instead, it is a paradigm and a means. In the future, AI will produce far-reaching influence on society and economy.
Mr. Xu Qun, Executive Member of CPC Jinan Municipal Committee and Vice Mayor of Jinan, was present at the dialogue. The participants witnessed SINOTRUK recruiting Ms. Cassell as its AI Strategic Adviser. President Cai Dong of SINOTRUK Co., Ltd. granted the certificate to Ms. Cassell.
During the visit, Ms. Cassell and Jinan co-hosted the series event Focalize on Artificial Intelligence & Motivate the City of Springs. Ms. Cassell and her delegation were met by Mr. Wang Zhonglin, the Deputy Party Secretary and Mayor of Jinan. The hosts and guests shared the best practice and global experience in the role of AI in city governance, and discussed how to use WEF as a platform to boost economic and social development in Jinan. They also witnessed SINOTRUK signing framework agreement on strategic partnership with the Financial World magazine and China Thinkers Bureau.
Mr. Wang Yinglong, Party Secretary of Qilu University of Technology, chaired the post-speech dialogue session. Chairwoman Cassell, Vice Mayor Xu Qun, Professor Sun Fuchun at Tsinghua University, Editor-in-Chief Hu Meijuan of the Financial World, and SINOTRUK Cai Dong discussed the correlations between AI and city development and industrial orientation. President Cai Dong briefed about the R&D and application of SINOTRUK’s intelligent trucks, saying “commercial vehicle industry now experiences full competition in the world. Vehicles produced by manufacturers should create greater values for users. The automatic driver’s cabin represents a major orientation in the predictable future. In 2011, SINOTRUK started to make researches in Intelligent Truck”. He also exchanged opinions with other participants about the development orientation of AI in vehicle autopilot. The 50 volunteer AI fans mobilized by SINOTRUK enjoyed, together with other audience, the brainstorm.
Before the speech, the Chairwoman Cassell, accompanied by relevant executives of SINOTRUK, visited SINOTRUK Industrial Park in Zhangqiu, to see SINOTRUK intelligence production line and its Intelligent Trucks. The Chairwoman said, “It is really amazing that SINOTRUK is able to develop such advanced sensor technologies, which combine radar and GPS technology to detect road conditions and improve safety of vehicle operations.
- Sinotruk Rolls Out New Product Range for Pakistan Market 2019-03-28
- Sinotruk Name All Prime Int'l as Its Sole Distributor in Visayas, Philippines 2019-03-07
- Popular Construction Vehicles Recommended for 2019 2019-03-07
- T7H Truck Won the “Outstanding Mechanical & Industrial Product” Title 2019-03-05
- SINOTRUK's Self-driving Electric Trucks Start Mass Operation in Tianjin Port 2019-02-27
- 20 Units CNHTC Styr Trucks Arrive in Haimen for Operation 2019-01-29
- CNHTC Self-driving Truck Starts Operation in Jinan 2019-01-24
- SINOTRUK FY2018 Sales Revenue Hits the ￥100 Billion Mark 2019-01-09
- China Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 80,000 Units in December 2019-01-08
- CNHTC Sales Volume in 2018 to Exceed 300,000 Units 2018-12-24
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The AI Master Justine Cassell Delivered a Speech in SINOTRUK
- "Refillable" Battery Could Provide 5000km Range for EVs
- Changchun WABCO Vehicle Control System Co., Ltd. Starts Operation
- Scania Opens a New Factory in Thailand
- XCMG's 2.5 Billion Fire-Fighting Equipment Production Base to Be Completed
- Ford Exits Heavy Truck Business in South America
- China's Heavy Truck Makers Continue to See Strong Sales in January
- In-Driving Tech Puts Two Self-driving Trucks into Operation in Shanghai
- Tesla and Frito-Lay to Launch Near Zero Emissions Distribution Facility
- 2019 Discovery&Trust-Truck Owners Survey & Appraisal Awards Ceremony to Kick Off
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 34,968 Units Tractors in February
- China Sold 313,000 Units Trucks in January
- JAC Light Trucks Sold 24,000 Units in January
- China Sold 34,000 Units Electric Trucks in 2018
- China Sold 3.8856 Million Units Trucks in 2018
- GAC Hino Heavy-duty Truck Sales Grew 140% in 2018
- China Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 80,000 Units in December
- China Sold 399,000 Units Tractors from January to November in 2018
- China Sold 326,300 Units Trucks in November
- Jiefang Sales Volume Reached 24,579 Units in November