Daimler 2018 Truck Sales Was Up
Daimler Group has registered the highest ever sales in 2018 at half a million trucks. The figure marks the peak for the past decade in the company's history and is mainly helped by the sales up in America and Asia, particularly in North America and Asia, where a significantly high growth rate of double-digit was achieved. The growth rate in the Germany and Europe markets was also up, making up four percent of the total global sales.
By contrast, Daimler saw a decline in China, the largest market for commercial vehicles. Truck divison head Martin Daum announced an estimate based on preliminary figures and reported an 11 percent increase in sales for the period ending November 2018 compared to last year.
In the January-November period, sales of Daimler's truck unit rose 11% on year, to 466,900 units, compared with 422,500 in the same period a year earlier. Daimler said sales in the Nafta region increased by 15% to 172,700 vehicles in the first eleven months of 2018, while in Asia they rose 12% to 147,900. Daimler produces trucks there under the Foton Auman brand in a joint venture with Foton Motor. In 2017 an initiative by the Chinese government which has renewed its vehicle fleet, resulted in extraordinarily high sales of 112,000 units.
Daimler produces trucks in China under the Foton Auman brand in a joint venture with Foton Motor. In 2017 an initiative by the Chinese government which has renewed its vehicle fleet, resulted in extraordinarily high sales of 112,000 units. The Beijing Foton Daimler Automotive (BFDA) produces Mercedes-Benz engines under license for the local assembly of Auman trucks, the company is known for advanced technology in the commercial vehicle sector. Thus, the straight-six engine meets the emission standards Euro 4 and 5 and in 2016 the Auman EST was presented as a premium product with standard equipped air suspension, telematics and ASR.
- Foton Daimler Signs a Sales Contract with CIMC Ruijiang Auto 2019-02-19
- Daimler Hands over First Electric Freightliner Truck in the U.S. 2019-01-03
- Foton Daimler Won Special Contribution Award 2018-12-20
- IAA 2018: Daimler Affirms Truck and Bus Assembly Plant in Thailand 2018-09-21
- Daimler Kicks off into IAA 2018 with Around 500 Journalists and 100 Vehicles 2018-09-18
- Daimler Rolls Out 100,000th Vehicle from TN Factory 2018-09-07
- Daimler Unveils Two Heavy-duty Electric Trucks in Race with Tesla 2018-06-08
- Daimler Brings New Garbage Truck to North America Market 2018-04-27
- Daimler Takes the Latest Trucks Actros and Arocs to Middle East and Africa 2018-03-09
- Daimler India Starts Production of Mini Truck for Exports 2018-02-28
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- North Macedonian Parliament Speaker Visits Foton
- The 3,000,000th DFCV Light Trucks Rolls off Assembly Line
- SHACMAN Welcomes Guests from Columbia
- JAC's Operating Revenue Breaks 50.992 Billion Yuan in 2018
- Foton Aumark S Light Truck and Auman EST-M Medium Truck Enter Australia
- China Commercial Vehicles Show (CCVS)
- XCMG Stably Ranks the 6th in 2019 Yellow Table
- Foton Attends Sino-Nigeria Business Conference
- Chairman Wang Min of XCMG visited China Construction Machinery Association
- Great Wall, Ford Get Ready for Surging Demand for Pickup Trucks in China
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- CAMC Enters Top Ten Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturers in China
- JAC Sold 39,000 Units Vehicles in May
- Iveco Hongyan Recorded a Sales Volume of 5,020 Units in May
- Dongfeng Sold 12,200 Units Commercial Vehicles in May
- China's Trucks Sales Reach 369,300 Units in April
- CNHTC Sold 117,600 Units Vehicles from Jan. to Apr.
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 6,150 Units Heavy-duty Trucks Between Jan. to Apr.
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 12,480 Units Self-dumping Trucks in Q1
- China Produced 428,100 Units Trucks and Sold 457,700 Units in March
- Heav-duty Trucks Set a New March Sales Record