Allison to Build Advanced Vehicle Environmental Test Facility in Indianapolis
“The Vehicle Environmental Test facility will provide Allison engineers with enhanced capabilities to conduct testing replicating vehicle environments and duty cycles.”
This facility is to be located on the campus of Allison’s global headquarters on the westside of Indianapolis. It will include two environmental chambers capable of simulating temperature extremes, altitude, and on-road conditions that will allow testing for regulatory compliance, on-board diagnostic development, and performance improvements for vehicle functional optimization. The Vehicle Environmental Test facility will further support testing for a wide-range of propulsion systems, including conventional powertrains, alternative fuel, electric hybrid and fully-electric vehicles.
“In an increasingly competitive marketplace, Indiana stands out as a leader in advanced manufacturing thanks to companies like Allison Transmission that are continuing to push new innovations forward that will serve customers across the globe while supporting efforts to attract, develop and retain top talent here,” said Elaine Bedel, president of the Indiana Economic Development Corporation. “With this significant investment and commitment to Indiana, Allison Transmission is demonstrating once again they are a key player in Indiana’s high-tech success.”
The facility will be one of a few in the United States, and the only one of its kind in the Midwest. Additionally, when the facility is not in use by Allison, third parties will be able to utilize the chamber for their own testing, adding another benefit. Project planning for the Vehicle Environmental Test facility has begun and is scheduled for completion in 2020.
“Allison Transmission has long been a significant asset to the city of Indianapolis,” said Joe Hogsett, Mayor of Indianapolis. “We are pleased to work with such a community-minded company as they grow within our city and look forward to the benefits this investment in innovation will bring to Indianapolis, the industry, and even the world.”
Allison Transmission is very proud of its heritage and being headquartered in Speedway for over 103 years. “Allison Transmission has been a strong partner to the Town of Speedway since our inception, and their history is woven throughout the fabric of our community,” said Town of Speedway Council President Eileen Fisher. “From day one, Allison has been on the cutting edge of innovation and we are so proud that they have chosen to expand the footprint of their international operations right here in Speedway.”
- Allison Offers E-axle Solution for Evaluation on Powerful Electric Class 8 Truck 2019-06-27
- Allison Transmission Announces Launch of 9-speed Transmission at Auto Shanghai 2019-04-22
- Allison Spotlights Paula Chen at International Women’s Day 2019-03-10
- Cargo Truck Runs 1.2 Million Kilometers on an Allison Automatic Transmission 2018-11-01
- Refuse operator Says Allison Transmissions Are the Only Choice 2018-10-26
- IAA 2018: Allison Announces Global Launch of 9-speed Transmission 2018-09-27
- Sao Paulo Attests to Efficiency of Allison Automatics in Fire Trucks 2018-08-23
- Goiás Fire Buys Allison-equipped Mercedes-Benz Atego 1729 Units 2018-08-13
- China’s Renowned Wrecker Fleet Chooses Allison Transmissions 2018-07-02
- Allison Transmission Showcases New Magirus Fire Truck at SICUR 2018 2018-04-23
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- North Macedonian Parliament Speaker Visits Foton
- The 3,000,000th DFCV Light Trucks Rolls off Assembly Line
- SHACMAN Welcomes Guests from Columbia
- JAC's Operating Revenue Breaks 50.992 Billion Yuan in 2018
- Foton Aumark S Light Truck and Auman EST-M Medium Truck Enter Australia
- China Commercial Vehicles Show (CCVS)
- XCMG Stably Ranks the 6th in 2019 Yellow Table
- Foton Attends Sino-Nigeria Business Conference
- Chairman Wang Min of XCMG visited China Construction Machinery Association
- Great Wall, Ford Get Ready for Surging Demand for Pickup Trucks in China
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- CAMC Enters Top Ten Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturers in China
- JAC Sold 39,000 Units Vehicles in May
- Iveco Hongyan Recorded a Sales Volume of 5,020 Units in May
- Dongfeng Sold 12,200 Units Commercial Vehicles in May
- China's Trucks Sales Reach 369,300 Units in April
- CNHTC Sold 117,600 Units Vehicles from Jan. to Apr.
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 6,150 Units Heavy-duty Trucks Between Jan. to Apr.
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 12,480 Units Self-dumping Trucks in Q1
- China Produced 428,100 Units Trucks and Sold 457,700 Units in March
- Heav-duty Trucks Set a New March Sales Record