Foton Enters into a Deal with CP to Make All Vehicle Types in Thailand
China's Foton Motor Group announced that it has entered an agreement with Charoen Pokphand (CP) Group to set up a joint ventrure in Thailand. The agreement was signed during the second Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation in Beijing on April 25, involving a total investment of THB500m (US$16m).
The new company will produce various models and brands, including pickups, AUV buses, passenger cars and other Auman, Aumark trucks.
This is the second time for CP to set up a joint venture with a Chinese company. The first was with SAIC of Shanghai in 2012 when they set up a joint venture called SAIC Motor-CP Co.for the production and sales of MG cars. The assembly plant for MG cars is located in Chon Buri province with an annual production capacity of 24,000 units last year.
Several years ago, Foton has tried to develop much of presence in Thailand by naming United Motors Co.as its local authorised distributor and gave it permission to produce big trucks and Bangchan General Assembly Co (BGAC) to make pickups and passenger cars.
The new joint venture means that it has come to an end to the cooperation with BGAC and United Motors.
Despite the aggressive competition, Foton ranks the 8th in Thai market based on its sales volume in QI 2019.
Foton president Gong YueQiong said that he is confident about the future growth prospects in the local market and Foton is aiming for the top three place, which is held by Toyota, Isuzu and Honda.
- Foton Tunland Pickup to Strengthen Its Global Presence 2019-05-07
- Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan Visits FOTON Headquarter in Beijing 2019-04-30
- Over 5,000 Foton Commercial Vehicles Involved in Belt and Road Initiative 2019-04-28
- Foton Attends Sino-Nigeria Business Conference 2019-04-25
- Foton Tunland Secures an Order of 800 Units Vehicles from China Mobile 2019-04-22
- ZF and Foton Open Joint Transmission Plant in China, Advancing Automation for CV 2019-04-19
- Beiqi Foton Motor To Form JVs In Thailand With Charoen Pokphand Group 2019-04-18
- Foton EST-M Series Trucks Make Their Debut in Philippines 2019-04-11
- Foton Makes its Debut in Panama 2019-04-03
- Foton Delivers the 30,000th Aulin Truck to Yunnan 2019-04-02
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- XCMG Stably Ranks the 6th in 2019 Yellow Table
- Foton Attends Sino-Nigeria Business Conference
- Chairman Wang Min of XCMG visited China Construction Machinery Association
- Great Wall, Ford Get Ready for Surging Demand for Pickup Trucks in China
- The AI Master Justine Cassell Delivered a Speech in SINOTRUK
- "Refillable" Battery Could Provide 5000km Range for EVs
- Changchun WABCO Vehicle Control System Co., Ltd. Starts Operation
- Scania Opens a New Factory in Thailand
- XCMG's 2.5 Billion Fire-Fighting Equipment Production Base to Be Completed
- Ford Exits Heavy Truck Business in South America
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 12,480 Units Self-dumping Trucks in Q1
- China Produced 428,100 Units Trucks and Sold 457,700 Units in March
- Heav-duty Trucks Set a New March Sales Record
- China Sold 34,968 Units Tractors in February
- China Sold 313,000 Units Trucks in January
- JAC Light Trucks Sold 24,000 Units in January
- China Sold 34,000 Units Electric Trucks in 2018
- China Sold 3.8856 Million Units Trucks in 2018
- GAC Hino Heavy-duty Truck Sales Grew 140% in 2018
- China Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 80,000 Units in December