Foton Enters into a Deal with CP to Make All Vehicle Types in Thailand
China's Foton Motor Group announced that it has entered an agreement with Charoen Pokphand (CP) Group to set up a joint ventrure in Thailand. The agreement was signed during the second Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation in Beijing on April 25, involving a total investment of THB500m (US$16m).
The new company will produce various models and brands, including pickups, AUV buses, passenger cars and other Auman, Aumark trucks.
This is the second time for CP to set up a joint venture with a Chinese company. The first was with SAIC of Shanghai in 2012 when they set up a joint venture called SAIC Motor-CP Co.for the production and sales of MG cars. The assembly plant for MG cars is located in Chon Buri province with an annual production capacity of 24,000 units last year.
Several years ago, Foton has tried to develop much of presence in Thailand by naming United Motors Co.as its local authorised distributor and gave it permission to produce big trucks and Bangchan General Assembly Co (BGAC) to make pickups and passenger cars.
The new joint venture means that it has come to an end to the cooperation with BGAC and United Motors.
Despite the aggressive competition, Foton ranks the 8th in Thai market based on its sales volume in QI 2019.
Foton president Gong YueQiong said that he is confident about the future growth prospects in the local market and Foton is aiming for the top three place, which is held by Toyota, Isuzu and Honda.
- Foton Delivers 42 Units AUMAN Sanitation Vehicles to Gambia 2019-07-01
- Foton Brand Value Exceeds 152 Billion RMB in 2019 2019-07-01
- Vietnam Purchases 10 Units AUMAN EST Trucks 2019-06-27
- 145 Units Foton Heavy-duty Trucks Assist Infrastructure Construction in Guinea 2019-06-26
- North Macedonian Parliament Speaker Visits Foton 2019-06-21
- 222 Units Foton Heavy-duty Trucks Assist TKU Road Project in Kazakhstan 2019-06-10
- CEMEX to Deepen Cooperation with Foton 2019-05-30
- Foton Attends MIIEF 2019 in Mongolia 2019-05-27
- Foton Aumark S Light Truck and Auman EST-M Medium Truck Enter Australia 2019-05-22
- FAST Electric Driving System Applied on Foton Full Electric Heavy-duty Truck 2019-05-22
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- North Macedonian Parliament Speaker Visits Foton
- The 3,000,000th DFCV Light Trucks Rolls off Assembly Line
- SHACMAN Welcomes Guests from Columbia
- JAC's Operating Revenue Breaks 50.992 Billion Yuan in 2018
- Foton Aumark S Light Truck and Auman EST-M Medium Truck Enter Australia
- China Commercial Vehicles Show (CCVS)
- XCMG Stably Ranks the 6th in 2019 Yellow Table
- Foton Attends Sino-Nigeria Business Conference
- Chairman Wang Min of XCMG visited China Construction Machinery Association
- Great Wall, Ford Get Ready for Surging Demand for Pickup Trucks in China
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- CAMC Enters Top Ten Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturers in China
- JAC Sold 39,000 Units Vehicles in May
- Iveco Hongyan Recorded a Sales Volume of 5,020 Units in May
- Dongfeng Sold 12,200 Units Commercial Vehicles in May
- China's Trucks Sales Reach 369,300 Units in April
- CNHTC Sold 117,600 Units Vehicles from Jan. to Apr.
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 6,150 Units Heavy-duty Trucks Between Jan. to Apr.
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 12,480 Units Self-dumping Trucks in Q1
- China Produced 428,100 Units Trucks and Sold 457,700 Units in March
- Heav-duty Trucks Set a New March Sales Record