CATL to Supply Batteries for Daimler Electric Trucks
Daimler's truck and bus division and Chinese battery manufacturer Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd. (CATL) have signed a worldwide supply agreement for battery modules for electric trucks starting from 2021, Daimler announced on Wednesday.
The agreement covers the supply of lithium-ion battery cell modules for Mercedes-Benz's eActros, Freightliner eCascadia and Freightliner eM2 models, Daimler said.
"We strive to be first to market with series production zero-emission transportation solutions on a global scale," said Gesa Reimelt, head of the E-Mobility Group at Daimler Trucks and Buses.
Daimler will be responsible for the development of the battery systems and would take over assembly at its truck plants in Mannheim, Germany, and Detroit in the United States, the German carmaker announced.
CATL President Jia Zhou said the partnership with Daimler Trucks and Buses is "an important step forward to realize our shared vision of a more sustainable society in the near future."
Back in December, Daimler announced that the company had secured more than 20 billion euros (22.1 billion U.S. dollars) worth of battery cells for its electric cars and trucks.
"Working with CATL as a strong global partner will go a long way in providing a wide range of electric trucks for series production from 2021 onwards," commented Reimelt.
- Daimler Rolls Out of Its 750,000th Heavy-duty Trucks at Clevela Plant 2019-08-29
- Daimler to Make Mercedes Benz-branded Heavy Trucks in China 2019-08-23
- Foton Daimler's Super Power Chain Hit the Market 2019-08-08
- Daimler 2018 Truck Sales Was Up 2019-04-08
- Foton Daimler Signs a Sales Contract with CIMC Ruijiang Auto 2019-02-19
- Daimler Hands over First Electric Freightliner Truck in the U.S. 2019-01-03
- Foton Daimler Won Special Contribution Award 2018-12-20
- IAA 2018: Daimler Affirms Truck and Bus Assembly Plant in Thailand 2018-09-21
- Daimler Kicks off into IAA 2018 with Around 500 Journalists and 100 Vehicles 2018-09-18
- Daimler Rolls Out 100,000th Vehicle from TN Factory 2018-09-07
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Beiben Attends 2019 Baotou International Auto Exhibition
- Plus.ai Establishes JV with FAW Jiefang to Develop Self-Driving Trucks for China
- Driverless Trucks Debut at World Artificial Intelligence Conference 2019
- The Largest Electric Vehicle in the World Never Needs Recharging
- Daimler Rolls Out of Its 750,000th Heavy-duty Trucks at Clevela Plant
- CNHTC Production Base: Asia’s Longest Heavy-duty Truck Assembly Line
- Daimler to Make Mercedes Benz-branded Heavy Trucks in China
- XCMG Won China Enterprise Culture Cultivation Top Award
- Wang Min Makes an Official Visit to the Mayor of Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- SHACMAN X3000 550HP at Angola FFILDA
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 12,000 Units Self-dump Trucks in August
- Top Ten Sales in light trucks, and medium- and heavy-duty trucks in August 2019
- Dongfeng Reports 12509 Units Sales in Medium-and-Heavy-Duty Trucks, up 10.5% YOY
- China Sold 242,000 Units Trucks in July
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales Grew Slightly by 2% in July
- SHACMAN Sold 14,900 Units Trucks from January to July
- China Sold 1,427,747 Units Diesel Engines in H1 2019
- China Sold 286,000 Units Trucks in June
- Dongfeng Sales Volume Exceeded 80,000 Units in H1 2019
- Dongfeng Sold 15,876 Units Medium- and Heavy-duty Trucks in June