IVECO to Expand Chinese Premium Vehicle Market Through CIIE
Italian automaker IVECO will debut a number of premium vehicle models during the second China International Import Expo (CIIE) in Shanghai to actively seek opportunities in China's high-end vehicles market, said Tommaso Croce, business director of IVECO China.
There will be many opportunities especially at the premium end of the vehicle market in China, which has become the world's largest market for vehicles and mobility services thanks to a thriving mix of local players and multinational corporations, said Croce in an interview with Xinhua.
IVECO will triple the size of its booths reaching over 300 square meters in the second CIIE slated for November to debut high-end vehicles.
As Europe's first original equipment manufacturer of commercial vehicles arriving in China in 1986, IVECO followed the growth of China's automobile market with its products.
The Italian automaker has expanded its presence with three joint ventures to attract Chinese consumers and also established a commercial vehicle sales company in Shanghai focusing on imports of high-end products.
As for the upcoming import exposition in Shanghai, Croce said the CIIE shows China's determination to further open its market to the world and represents a meaningful response to trade challenges.
"In spite of international economic uncertainties, the Chinese market remains the most important for many foreign firms. We attended the CIIE last year to show that we believe in an open market and it was a good starting point, just like putting a seed in the ground to make it grow in the future," said Croce.
To encourage imports and cultivate advanced manufacturing capacity, the Chinese government has implemented a slew of supportive measures, such as cutting import tariffs and simplifying custom clearance procedures, to make it easier for foreign companies to do business in the country.
"Importing is a channel to test the leading edge of the market and help us better understand the evolution of the market and the needs of the customers which have changed a lot during these years," said Croce.
"According to the feedback that we receive from the market, we will start trying to choose the right direction with future localization," Croce added.
Italy is set to attend the CIIE as a guest of honor this year. Italian companies are looking forward to increasing exports of goods that appeal to the upgrading consumption market through the exposition.
- IVECO Delivers 30 LNG Trucks to Jost Group in Belgium 2019-01-22
- Nanjing Iveco Takes Delivery of Its 10,000th Truck to SF Express 2019-01-15
- 50 New CNG-Powered IVECO STRALIS NP trucks Delivered to PIMK Ltd, Bulgaria 2019-01-11
- IVECO Catches the Eye with NG Technology at CIIE 2018-11-08
- IAA 2018: IVECO Delivers LNG-Powered Trucks to Hoyer 2018-09-26
- Iveco Delivers 100th 8x8 Trakker Truck to the German Armed Forces 2018-09-14
- 20 Units Iveco Daily Delivered to Xi’an Railway Administration 2018-03-13
- Iveco Daily Set to Make its Debut at CCVS 2017 2017-10-30
- Iveco to Supply 500 New Stralis NP Trucks to Jost Group 2017-10-24
- Iveco to Attend China Fire Expo 2017 2017-09-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- IVECO to Expand Chinese Premium Vehicle Market Through CIIE
- 2019 SANY Global Dealer Summit Held in Changsha
- Classic Vehicle Show Held in Albanian Capital City
- 5G Unmanned Mining Truck Developed in China
- China Commercial Vehicles Show to Kick Off in Wuhan
- SANY to Invest RMB 22bn to Build an Intelligent Heavy-duty Truck Industrial Park
- XCMG Showcase Its High-quality Products at the 16th China-ASEAN Expo
- Xinhua Daily Headline: XCMG in the East of Xuzhou
- Notice on Closure of Office During National Day Holiday Period
- Beiben Attends 2019 Baotou International Auto Exhibition
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September
- Sales Are Rebounding for Chinese Heavy-duty Trucks in September
- China Sold 12,000 Units Self-dump Trucks in August
- Top Ten Sales in light trucks, and medium- and heavy-duty trucks in August 2019
- Dongfeng Reports 12509 Units Sales in Medium-and-Heavy-Duty Trucks, up 10.5% YOY
- China Sold 242,000 Units Trucks in July
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales Grew Slightly by 2% in July