Hyundai Showcases NEPTUNE Fuel Cell Truck Concept at CIIE
The second CIIE kicked off in Shanghai on Nov. 5 and will continue until Nov. 10 under the theme of "New Era, Shared Future". Huyndai, South Korea's top leading automakers, brought its fuel cell concept vehicle named “NEPTUNE”. “NEPTUNE” has drawn much attention since its first debut in Asia at CIIE.
Hyundai Motor began production of hydrogen fuel cells as early as 1998, is investing more resources for research and production of fuell cell vehicles. Hyundai has been at the forefront of the developments within the fuel cell technology.
Seen from appearance, “NEPTUNE “ concept truck breaks up our conventional thinking of trucks. It has a bullet-shaped streamlined design, featuring a round front and simplified and smooth structure. The HMI, Human Machine Interface such as Gesture Control, Eye-Tracking, Voice Command helps improve user’s intuitive experience and provides a more comfortable and intelligent operation environment for driver.
Hyundai Fuel Cell Truck is fitted with the most advanced fuel cell system made by Nexo, a tank capable of storing 34.5kg usable hydroge and 350kW drive motor. It has a total weight of more than 34 tons and capable of more than 300-400 miles of range on a charge. The concept truck Neptune has a low-noise, non-pollution hydrogen fuel cell system which can reduce transportation costs with lower vehicle weight and higher efficiency.
As for the essential part of fuel cell technology--fuel cell stack, many European countries, US., Janpan as well as Canada has started to work on developing. The notable difference of Hyundai’s stack technology lies in its high power, it is a kind of full power fuel cell battery. Furthermore, Hyundai has been at the forefront in the development of fuel cell passenger car, and these kills can be applied to the production of commercial vehicles.
When most fuel cell commercial vehicles is being on trial, Hyundai fuel cell commercial vehicles have been used for commercial application.The first 1600 units fuel cell commercial trucks are expected to be delivered to Switzerland by the end of 2013. By then, Hyundai will rank among the top one auto brand to commercialize the fuel cell production.
For the Chinese market, Sichuan Hyundai has entered into a strategic partnership with Sichuan provincial authorities to build the basic facility for the production of fuel cell commercial vehicles in Sichuan in September this year. The locally produced stacks are to be applied to Hyundai fuel cell commercial vehicles and sold in China.
- Hyundai Motor Company and Cummins to Collaborate on Hydrogen Fuel Cell Tech 2019-09-29
- Sichuan Hyundai Launches New Version of Mighty Light Truck 2019-08-19
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- Hyundai Motor Cuts Truck Production to Cope with Falling Korea's Demand 2018-11-01
- IAA 2018: Hyundai Signs MoU for Rolling out Fuel Cell Electric Trucks 2018-09-21
- Hyundai Motor Agrees New Truck Partnership with Sichuan Energy in China 2018-09-06
- Hyundai Put Self-driving Truck on South Korean Highway for Test Run 2018-08-23
- Sichuan Hyundai Opens 4S Stores in Myanmar 2018-07-04
- Sichuan Hyundai Launches 24/7 Customer Service Program 2018-03-26
- Hyundai Set to Launch Eco-Friendly Commercial Vehicles Next Year 2018-03-23
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- IVECO to Expand Chinese Premium Vehicle Market Through CIIE
- 2019 SANY Global Dealer Summit Held in Changsha
- Classic Vehicle Show Held in Albanian Capital City
- 5G Unmanned Mining Truck Developed in China
- China Commercial Vehicles Show to Kick Off in Wuhan
- SANY to Invest RMB 22bn to Build an Intelligent Heavy-duty Truck Industrial Park
- XCMG Showcase Its High-quality Products at the 16th China-ASEAN Expo
- Xinhua Daily Headline: XCMG in the East of Xuzhou
- Notice on Closure of Office During National Day Holiday Period
- Beiben Attends 2019 Baotou International Auto Exhibition
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September
- Sales Are Rebounding for Chinese Heavy-duty Trucks in September
- China Sold 12,000 Units Self-dump Trucks in August
- Top Ten Sales in light trucks, and medium- and heavy-duty trucks in August 2019
- Dongfeng Reports 12509 Units Sales in Medium-and-Heavy-Duty Trucks, up 10.5% YOY
- China Sold 242,000 Units Trucks in July