ZF and Wolong to Form JV for Production of Electric Motors and Components
ZF Friedrichshafen AG and China’s Wolong Electric Group Co., Ltd are stepping up their existing cooperation. The two companies have signed an agreement to establish a joint venture that will produce components and electric motors for automotive applications. This partnership will enhance the ZF product portfolio and further improve competitiveness in electric driveline systems.
“The partnership with Wolong, a key player of electric motors and components in the Chinese market, is a great next step in further strengthening our electric mobility strategy. With the joint venture we extend our value chain for electric motors to include sub-components and it gives us even better access to customers and suppliers in China,“ says Jörg Grotendorst, Head of ZF’s E-Mobility Division.
The joint venture will operate under the name Wolong ZF Automotive E Motors Co Ltd. and manufactures electric motors and components for use in ZF driveline systems and the open market. An initial success of this partnership is the award of a major series production contract for electric motor components for hybrid and electric drives. Electrified drivelines contribute significantly to reduce CO2 emissions from road traffic.
The joint venture headquartered in Shangyu, Zhejiang Province, China, will provide optimal access to the Chinese market, leverage joint purchasing potential and focus on future business. By 2025, the company is expected to employ up to 2,000 staff.
Dr. Holger Klein, Member of Board of Management, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, said, “Agreement to deepen our partnership with a Chinese company and establish a new joint venture to dedicate in the production contract for electric motors, is one of our solid steps in realizing our commitment to invest in China, and our determination to make ZF a significant contributor in the electrification and sustainable mobility in this market. By having a joint venture with a successful Chinese company，we are transforming our company towards a more agile organization, to serve the local market from the region without time delay in decision making process.“
"We are certain that new energy vehicles will take a very large share in the future market, and this will bring unprecedented development opportunities for both of us. The joint venture company with ZF will be the first step, aiming to provide motors and their components for ZF and the general market. We hope that this joint venture will become a global leader in new energy automotive motors,” says Jian Cheng Chen, Chairman of Wolong Electric.
Since January 2016, ZF has bundled its electromobility activities in the E-Mobility Division headquartered in Schweinfurt, Germany. More than 9,000 employees work in this division, spread across various locations around the world.
- ZF Opens First Plant in Vietnam 2019-11-13
- ZF Posts Half-Year Financial Results: Reacts to Difficult Market Environment 2019-08-05
- WABCO Shareholders Approve ZF Friedrichshafen Acquisition 2019-07-02
- ZF and Foton Open Joint Transmission Plant in China, Advancing Automation for CV 2019-04-19
- Emission-Free in China: ZF Presents New Electric Central Drive for CVs 2019-04-17
- AI-capable Supercomputer ZF ProAI: Maximum Computing Power and Flexibility 2019-01-14
- ZF to Invest €800 Million in Its Saarbruecken, Germany Plant 2018-12-13
- IAA 2018: ZF Makes Logistics Cleaner and More Autonomous 2018-09-20
- ZF: China Commercial Vehicle Has Huge Market Potential 2018-08-01
- ZF Prepares Electric, Autonomous Truck Takeover 2018-07-23
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Yutong Environmental Sanitation Attends China Environment Sanitation Int'l Expo
- FAW Jiefang Qingdao Holds Internet of Vehicles Fuel-Saving Final Competition 2.0
- IVECO to Expand Chinese Premium Vehicle Market Through CIIE
- 2019 SANY Global Dealer Summit Held in Changsha
- Classic Vehicle Show Held in Albanian Capital City
- 5G Unmanned Mining Truck Developed in China
- China Commercial Vehicles Show to Kick Off in Wuhan
- SANY to Invest RMB 22bn to Build an Intelligent Heavy-duty Truck Industrial Park
- XCMG Showcase Its High-quality Products at the 16th China-ASEAN Expo
- Xinhua Daily Headline: XCMG in the East of Xuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September
- Sales Are Rebounding for Chinese Heavy-duty Trucks in September
- China Sold 12,000 Units Self-dump Trucks in August
- Top Ten Sales in light trucks, and medium- and heavy-duty trucks in August 2019
- Dongfeng Reports 12509 Units Sales in Medium-and-Heavy-Duty Trucks, up 10.5% YOY
- China Sold 242,000 Units Trucks in July