China's FAW keen on auto manufacturing unit in West Bengal
First Automobile Works (FAW) of China has evinced an interest to set up an automobile manufacturing unit in West Bengal. A FAW delegation
on Monday called on chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee at Writers' Buildings.
Earlier in November 2008, senior FAW officials had visited the Tata Motors' abandoned project site at Singur to explore the possibility of setting up an automobile unit there. FAW can also hold talks with the Tata Motors to take the abandoned Nano site in future.
A senior official of the chief minister's secretariat told newsmen after the meeting: "FAW is yet to submit a formal proposal to the state government, but it is interested in setting up an automobile unit in West Bengal. The company officials have already visited Singur and liked the site. They have informed us that around 600 acres would be needed for setting up the unit. They can also hold talks with Tata Motors to take the abandoned facility of the latter at Singur."
However, since the state government leased over the 645.67 acres for 90 years to Tata Motors at Singur, FAW could not directly take over the land from Tata Motors. If Tata Motors returns land to the state government FAW can approach the state government for possession of the land. However, state commerce and industries secretary Sabyasachi Sen said that if Tata Motors wanted to continue the lease, which is renewable in every year, the state government will not have any objection. Tata Motors will have to pay its annual lease rental by mid-June.
Regarding the visit of five-member FAW delegation, Sen said, "The company is now conducting a study on the Indian market. After completing the study, FAW will submit a proposal to the state government."
- Sales of Jiefang Trucks in Russia Grew by 304% in the First Three Quarters 2017-10-25
- FAW Jiefang Hit New Sales Record in the First Three Quarters 2017-10-18
- Jiefang Smart-driving Trucks Successfully Passed Trial Operation 2017-10-11
- Hino New Trucks Debut at South America Joburg Futuroad Expo 2017-09-30
- FAW Jiefang Presents Two Updated Dump Trucks on Russian COMTRANS 2017 2017-09-20
- FAW Jiefang New Energy Vehicle Project Settles in Qingdao 2017-09-04
- FAW Jiefang’s Big Plans for African Growth 2017-08-03
- FAW and China Railway Promote Cooperation Level 2017-07-28
- FAW Ranks 125th in Fortune Global 500 2017-07-28
- Jiefang New J6 Plateau Version is Launched 2017-07-24
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April