China's FAW keen on auto manufacturing unit in West Bengal
First Automobile Works (FAW) of China has evinced an interest to set up an automobile manufacturing unit in West Bengal. A FAW delegation
on Monday called on chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee at Writers' Buildings.
Earlier in November 2008, senior FAW officials had visited the Tata Motors' abandoned project site at Singur to explore the possibility of setting up an automobile unit there. FAW can also hold talks with the Tata Motors to take the abandoned Nano site in future.
A senior official of the chief minister's secretariat told newsmen after the meeting: "FAW is yet to submit a formal proposal to the state government, but it is interested in setting up an automobile unit in West Bengal. The company officials have already visited Singur and liked the site. They have informed us that around 600 acres would be needed for setting up the unit. They can also hold talks with Tata Motors to take the abandoned facility of the latter at Singur."
However, since the state government leased over the 645.67 acres for 90 years to Tata Motors at Singur, FAW could not directly take over the land from Tata Motors. If Tata Motors returns land to the state government FAW can approach the state government for possession of the land. However, state commerce and industries secretary Sabyasachi Sen said that if Tata Motors wanted to continue the lease, which is renewable in every year, the state government will not have any objection. Tata Motors will have to pay its annual lease rental by mid-June.
Regarding the visit of five-member FAW delegation, Sen said, "The company is now conducting a study on the Indian market. After completing the study, FAW will submit a proposal to the state government."
- Jiefang Sold 335,713 Units Trucks in 2019 2020-01-03
- China Major Commercial Vehicle Players Set Ambitious Targets in 2020 2019-12-18
- FAW Jiefang J7: the Most Popular Heavy-duty Truck in 2019 2019-12-16
- FAW Jiefang Aims to Sell 300,000 Units Medium- and Heavy-duty Trucks in 2020 2019-12-16
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou 2019-12-04
- FAW Jiefang 2020 Dumping Truck Launched across China 2019-11-19
- FAW Jiefang Qingdao Holds Internet of Vehicles Fuel-Saving Final Competition 2.0 2019-11-15
- FAW Jiefang Releases New Generation of LNG Trucks in Taiyuan 2019-10-24
- Jiefang Power Pockets Highest Revenue at Two Exhibitions in Guangzhou 2019-10-24
- Jiefang Delivers 50 Units J7 Trucks to its Customer 2019-10-12
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September