China Yuchai International Appoints New President
China Yuchai International Limited (NYSE: CYD) ("China Yuchai" or the "Company"), announced the appointment of Mr. Boo Guan Saw to its Board of Directors effective July 1, 2009. Mr. Saw will also be assuming the role of President from the current President, Mr. Tong Kooi Teo with effect from August 1, 2009. Mr. Teo will continue as a non-executive director of China Yuchai.
Mr. Saw is a veteran of the automotive industry with 23 years experience within the Cummins organization as well as at General Motors Corp. His most recent position was as President of Cummins Westport Inc., a joint venture between Cummins, Inc. and Westport Innovations, Inc., based in Vancouver, Canada. Cummins Westport produces heavy-duty natural gas and propane alternative engines that meet or exceed the most stringent environmental standards in North America and Europe. As President of Cummins Westport Inc. from 2005, Mr. Saw was responsible for the worldwide natural gas engine business. Under his leadership from 2005 to 2008, revenue and profit increased 32% and 65% respectively on a compounded annual growth rate.
From 1989 to 2005, Mr. Saw's responsibilities included general management and marketing and distribution management for various Cummins entities in the U.S., Singapore, Hong Kong and China. Between 1986 and 1989, Mr. Saw was a productivity analyst and production coordinator at General Motors focused on fastener quality control and process engineering in Flint, Michigan.
Mr. Saw, a Malaysian Federal Government Scholar, received a Master's degree in Public and Private Management from Yale University, U.S. in 1986 and a Bachelor of Economics (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Malaya, Malaysia in 1979. Mr. Saw was awarded a Merit Performance Award by General Motors Corp. and the Calstart Blue Sky Merit Award at Cummins Westport as well as the Canadian American Business Achievement Award from the Canadian American Business Council.
Mr. Tong Kooi Teo said, "The Board of Directors of China Yuchai is very pleased that Boo Guan, a successful industry veteran is joining China Yuchai as President. We believe that his extensive industry knowledge and management experience will be invaluable in driving the Company forward during this difficult economic climate and we look forward to working closely with him to enhance shareholder value."
About China Yuchai International
China Yuchai International Limited, through its subsidiary, Guangxi Yuchai Machinery Company Limited ("GYMCL"), engages in the manufacture, assembly, and sale of a wide array of light-duty, medium-sized and heavy-duty diesel engines for construction equipment, trucks, buses, and cars in China. GYMCL also produces diesel power generators, which are primarily used in the construction and mining industries. Through its regional sales offices and authorized customer service centers, the Company distributes its diesel engines directly to auto OEMs and retailers and provides maintenance and retrofitting services throughout China. Founded in 1951, GYMCL has established a reputable brand name, strong research & development team and significant market share in China with high-quality products and reliable after-sales support. In 2008, GYMCL sold approximately 372,000 diesel engines and was consistently ranked No. 1 in unit sales by China Association of Automobile Manufacturers. For more information, please visit http://www.cyilimited.com
- Yuchai Set up New Production Base to Produce Electric Commercial Vehicles 2018-08-06
- Yuchai’s Performance on Overseas Market 2018-07-20
- Yuchai Boasts 400,000 Units Engines in Operation Abroad 2018-07-16
- Yuchai’s Constantly-growing Brand Value Exceeds RMB 40 Billion 2018-06-27
- Safeguarding by “Core” of Yuchai, Vehicles to Conquer Longest Int'l Road 2018-06-06
- Yuchai Commits to Develop Both Clean Energy and Traditional Energy Eninges 2018-05-04
- New Joint Venture MTU Yuchai Power Unveils First Engine 2018-04-11
- Chairman of Yuchai Visited Its Strategic Partners 2018-04-11
- Yuchai and Germany-based UST Jointly Set up Guangxi UST Sensor Technology Co. 2018-03-23
- Traditional Manufacturers’ Transformation Plans Laid Out for New Energy 2018-02-27
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November