Tata eyes exports to Asean: Thai autos to ship to Malaysia, Indonesia
(chinatrucks.com, Nov. 26, 2009)Thai-built Tata light trucks will be exported to Asean next year to take advantage of tariffs on automotive products being reduced to zero from January, said Tata Motors Thailand's chief executive Ajit Venkataraman.
Mostly owned by India's Tata Motors, the company plans to ship the pickup trucks to neighbouring Malaysia and Indonesia, which both have vast automotive markets.
"We are committed to using Thailand as the manufacturing base to enter this regional market," he said.
Tata Motors has made preparations to make inroads into Asean -- and is unconcerned by the expected intensification of competition in Asean's automotive market when the region becomes a single market, he said.
A senior executive at Tata Motors said the company expected to ship Thai-made pickup trucks first to Malaysia and then to Indonesia.
Passenger cars are very popular in Malaysia while multi-purpose vehicles are preferred in Indonesia -- but both markets still have demand for various designs of light truck, the source said.
- Tata and Ashok Leyland Among Top Competitors in Africa’s CV Market 2017-08-02
- Tata, Hyundai to Boost Sales of CV in Indonesia 2017-06-12
- CHTGC Cooperated With Tata Daewoo 2013-05-14
- Tata Motors sales up 58% 2010-03-02
- Tata Faces 'Heat' From Daimler, Volvo as India Paves Its Roads 2010-02-10
- Tata Motors, M&M, Reva eye electric compact truck segment 2010-02-08
- Fiat Buys Zastava in Serbia 2010-01-06
- Assembly of Chinese Automobiles Might Resume in the Sverdlovsk Oblast 2009-07-13
- JLR launches new auto-parts center in Suzhou 2009-06-29
- Tata Motors FY09 net shrinks 51% on lower vehicle sales 2009-05-31
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April