Tata eyes exports to Asean: Thai autos to ship to Malaysia, Indonesia
(chinatrucks.com, Nov. 26, 2009)Thai-built Tata light trucks will be exported to Asean next year to take advantage of tariffs on automotive products being reduced to zero from January, said Tata Motors Thailand's chief executive Ajit Venkataraman.
Mostly owned by India's Tata Motors, the company plans to ship the pickup trucks to neighbouring Malaysia and Indonesia, which both have vast automotive markets.
"We are committed to using Thailand as the manufacturing base to enter this regional market," he said.
Tata Motors has made preparations to make inroads into Asean -- and is unconcerned by the expected intensification of competition in Asean's automotive market when the region becomes a single market, he said.
A senior executive at Tata Motors said the company expected to ship Thai-made pickup trucks first to Malaysia and then to Indonesia.
Passenger cars are very popular in Malaysia while multi-purpose vehicles are preferred in Indonesia -- but both markets still have demand for various designs of light truck, the source said.
- WABCO Signs First Deal to Export Power Steering Syetem to India Tata Motors 2018-07-16
- Tata Motors Hopes to Regain Over 55% Market Share in M&HCV Segment 2017-12-28
- Tata and Ashok Leyland Among Top Competitors in Africa’s CV Market 2017-08-02
- Tata, Hyundai to Boost Sales of CV in Indonesia 2017-06-12
- CHTGC Cooperated With Tata Daewoo 2013-05-14
- Tata Motors sales up 58% 2010-03-02
- Tata Faces 'Heat' From Daimler, Volvo as India Paves Its Roads 2010-02-10
- Tata Motors, M&M, Reva eye electric compact truck segment 2010-02-08
- Fiat Buys Zastava in Serbia 2010-01-06
- Assembly of Chinese Automobiles Might Resume in the Sverdlovsk Oblast 2009-07-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September