Tata eyes exports to Asean: Thai autos to ship to Malaysia, Indonesia
(chinatrucks.com, Nov. 26, 2009)Thai-built Tata light trucks will be exported to Asean next year to take advantage of tariffs on automotive products being reduced to zero from January, said Tata Motors Thailand's chief executive Ajit Venkataraman.
Mostly owned by India's Tata Motors, the company plans to ship the pickup trucks to neighbouring Malaysia and Indonesia, which both have vast automotive markets.
"We are committed to using Thailand as the manufacturing base to enter this regional market," he said.
Tata Motors has made preparations to make inroads into Asean -- and is unconcerned by the expected intensification of competition in Asean's automotive market when the region becomes a single market, he said.
A senior executive at Tata Motors said the company expected to ship Thai-made pickup trucks first to Malaysia and then to Indonesia.
Passenger cars are very popular in Malaysia while multi-purpose vehicles are preferred in Indonesia -- but both markets still have demand for various designs of light truck, the source said.
- WABCO Signs First Deal to Export Power Steering Syetem to India Tata Motors 2018-07-16
- Tata Motors Hopes to Regain Over 55% Market Share in M&HCV Segment 2017-12-28
- Tata and Ashok Leyland Among Top Competitors in Africa’s CV Market 2017-08-02
- Tata, Hyundai to Boost Sales of CV in Indonesia 2017-06-12
- CHTGC Cooperated With Tata Daewoo 2013-05-14
- Tata Motors sales up 58% 2010-03-02
- Tata Faces 'Heat' From Daimler, Volvo as India Paves Its Roads 2010-02-10
- Tata Motors, M&M, Reva eye electric compact truck segment 2010-02-08
- Fiat Buys Zastava in Serbia 2010-01-06
- Assembly of Chinese Automobiles Might Resume in the Sverdlovsk Oblast 2009-07-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November