Fiat Buys Zastava in Serbia
(chinatrucks.com, Jan.6, 2010)Fiat has entered into an agreement with the government of Serbia to acquire Zastava Company, Serbia's only car manufacturer. The company is best known in the West as the former maker of the Yugo.
The total amount of the transaction is the equivalent of $287.4 million, half of which has already been paid, with the remainder to be transferred by the Italian company during 2010. The agreement was signed by Fiat Group Vice President Alfredo Altavilla and the Serbian Minister of Economy, Mladzhan Dankich.
Under the terms of the deal, Fiat will acquire a 67 percent stake in Zastava, while the government of Serbia will keep 33 percent. Fiat's initial plans call for an approximate $1 million investment to upgrade its new plant, which will be able to produce up to 200,000 cars per year.
It is expected that the factory will specialize in the production of two new Fiat models. First deliveries of the products to the U.S. and Europe markets are to begin in 2011.
Fiat produced the previous-generation Punto in the Zastava factory, alongside the Yugo hatchback that had been produced there since the early 1980s. Both models were mainly supplied to markets in Eastern Europe. The production of these cars was stopped at the end of last year.
The government of Serbia announced its intention to sell the Zastava factory in December 2007. In addition to Fiat, such companies as Ford, Volkswagen, Tata Motors and China's FAW were among the main bidders.
- FIAT to Co-develop Light Duty Truck With PSA 2013-07-10
- Fiat releases 2012 Strada pickups 2012-01-31
- Iveco opens new “eco-sustainable” dealership in Brazil, as network doubles in four years 2011-12-09
- Fiat CEO could talk auto spin-off April 21 2010-03-04
- Fiat swings to fourth-quarter net loss, forecasts 2010 profit 2010-01-26
- Great Wall Motor to Sue Fiat Over Commercial Secrets Spies 2009-10-16
- SAIC, Fiat to Cooperate in Commercial Vehicles 2009-07-29
- SAIC-Fiat Powertrain Hongyan starts making diesel engine 2009-07-27
- Fiat Posts 2Q Net Loss, Confirms 2009 Targets 2009-07-23
- Fiat Finds New China Partner, Ending Two-Year Hiatus 2009-07-15
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April