Navistar, JAC to explore diesel engine JV in China
(chinatrucks.com, Feb.05, 2010)Navistar, Inc. and Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Co. Ltd. ("JAC") will explore a potential engine joint venture to develop, build and market advanced diesel engines for commercial vehicles in China.
The potential joint venture, if formed, would have a 50/50 ownership between Navistar, a leading U.S.-based maker of commercial vehicles, motor coaches and diesel engines, and JAC, a leading China-based maker of commercial and consumer vehicles and engines.
The proposed JV would establish a research and design center in China's Anhui province for application engineering development, product design and technology advancements. Diesel engines produced by the new venture would primarily be used in China, as well as certain export markets.
"This proposed joint venture would bring together the resources of two leaders, JAC in China's commercial vehicle segment and Navistar in the global diesel engine business," said Eric Tech, president, Navistar Engine Group. "The result would yield outstanding advanced technology products for commercial truck owners throughout the region."
"This key initiative would not only give JAC access to world-class engine products, technology and management but would also support our long-term business growth strategy," said Zuo Yanan, Chairman, JAC.
Formation of the joint venture is subject to the completion of due diligence, approval by each party's board of directors, negotiation of definitive agreements, corporate and regulatory approvals. Management structure would consist of eight directors, four from JAC and four from Navistar.
- JAC Shuailing Continues to Strengthen its Presence in Asia 2018-08-02
- Over 22,000 JAC Shuailing Trucks Sold in Africa 2018-07-27
- 100 JAC Shualing Refragerator Trucks Delivered to Customer in Shanghai 2018-07-25
- JAC Shuailing New Logistics World Truck Enters Chengdu 2018-07-23
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018 2018-07-12
- JAC Shuailing's Total Sales Volume Reaches 350,000 Units 2018-07-05
- JAC Construction Dump Truck Excels in Mountainous Region 2018-06-27
- JAC Gallop Successfully Went Through Tests in South America 2018-06-19
- JAC Pick-up Entered South American Plateau T6 Released Into Bolivia 2018-06-08
- The winners of "Mr. JAC" came to China to accept their prizes 2018-05-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November