Navistar, JAC to explore diesel engine JV in China
(chinatrucks.com, Feb.05, 2010)Navistar, Inc. and Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Co. Ltd. ("JAC") will explore a potential engine joint venture to develop, build and market advanced diesel engines for commercial vehicles in China.
The potential joint venture, if formed, would have a 50/50 ownership between Navistar, a leading U.S.-based maker of commercial vehicles, motor coaches and diesel engines, and JAC, a leading China-based maker of commercial and consumer vehicles and engines.
The proposed JV would establish a research and design center in China's Anhui province for application engineering development, product design and technology advancements. Diesel engines produced by the new venture would primarily be used in China, as well as certain export markets.
"This proposed joint venture would bring together the resources of two leaders, JAC in China's commercial vehicle segment and Navistar in the global diesel engine business," said Eric Tech, president, Navistar Engine Group. "The result would yield outstanding advanced technology products for commercial truck owners throughout the region."
"This key initiative would not only give JAC access to world-class engine products, technology and management but would also support our long-term business growth strategy," said Zuo Yanan, Chairman, JAC.
Formation of the joint venture is subject to the completion of due diligence, approval by each party's board of directors, negotiation of definitive agreements, corporate and regulatory approvals. Management structure would consist of eight directors, four from JAC and four from Navistar.
- JAC Light-duty Truck is Called as China Isuzu, What is Its Next Step? 2019-06-25
- JAC Aims to Bring about World-class High-end Light Trucks 2019-06-21
- JAC Sold 39,000 Units Vehicles in May 2019-06-12
- JAC's Operating Revenue Breaks 50.992 Billion Yuan in 2018 2019-05-24
- JAC Kangling J Series Truck Makes Debut in Hangzhou 2019-05-20
- JAC Gallop Truck Delivers Pandas to Russia 2019-05-13
- JAC Junling V8 Truck Begins Its National Launch with Guiyang 2019-04-26
- JAC Held Its Int'l Distributors Annual Conference 2019 2019-04-17
- JAC Gallop K7 and V7 on Display on JAC's Brand Day 2019-04-15
- Six Best Light Trucks Recommended for 2019 2019-02-28
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- North Macedonian Parliament Speaker Visits Foton
- The 3,000,000th DFCV Light Trucks Rolls off Assembly Line
- SHACMAN Welcomes Guests from Columbia
- JAC's Operating Revenue Breaks 50.992 Billion Yuan in 2018
- Foton Aumark S Light Truck and Auman EST-M Medium Truck Enter Australia
- China Commercial Vehicles Show (CCVS)
- XCMG Stably Ranks the 6th in 2019 Yellow Table
- Foton Attends Sino-Nigeria Business Conference
- Chairman Wang Min of XCMG visited China Construction Machinery Association
- Great Wall, Ford Get Ready for Surging Demand for Pickup Trucks in China
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- CAMC Enters Top Ten Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturers in China
- JAC Sold 39,000 Units Vehicles in May
- Iveco Hongyan Recorded a Sales Volume of 5,020 Units in May
- Dongfeng Sold 12,200 Units Commercial Vehicles in May
- China's Trucks Sales Reach 369,300 Units in April
- CNHTC Sold 117,600 Units Vehicles from Jan. to Apr.
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 6,150 Units Heavy-duty Trucks Between Jan. to Apr.
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 12,480 Units Self-dumping Trucks in Q1
- China Produced 428,100 Units Trucks and Sold 457,700 Units in March
- Heav-duty Trucks Set a New March Sales Record