Tata Motors, M&M, Reva eye electric compact truck segment
(chinatrucks.com, Feb.08, 2010)Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra, and Reva Electric Car Company are planning to launch electric trucks and passenger carriers in the sub-one-tonne segment.
The development in electric power-train technology triggers open a niche segment in commercial vehicles with at least three manufacturers foraying into the battery-run light truck/van market.
Tata Motors has developed an electric version of the Ace which could debut soon. M&M, likewise, is working on a variant for the recently launched 0.9-tonne Maxximo.
"We will come out with an electric version in 8-10 months, both in the cargo and passenger carrier space,"said Mr Rajan Wadhera, Chief of Engineering and Development, M&M. Mr Chetan Maini, Deputy Chairman and Chief Technology Officer, Reva, has said the company was ready with its commercial vehicle platforms and was in talks with local and global players.
With growing awareness on the harmful effects of air and noise pollution, the stage is set for electric vehicles even for short hauls. "Huge shopping and residential complexes as well as airports need such vehicles. We know this is going to be very competitive and we are preparing for it,"said Mr Wadhera.
It will be interesting to see if these electric options will grow the sub-one-tonne market, which does numbers of one lakh units annually. It could also get a share of 3.5 lakh-strong three-wheeler segment.
"We believe there is a market especially in the intra-city transport segment. The electric power-train can be expensive but the running cost is just a tenth of diesel vehicles,"said Mr R. Chandramauli, President, Sales and Marketing, Reva. However, he said that electric commercial vehicles will be sold at a premium to diesel variants.
- WABCO Signs First Deal to Export Power Steering Syetem to India Tata Motors 2018-07-16
- Tata Motors Hopes to Regain Over 55% Market Share in M&HCV Segment 2017-12-28
- Tata and Ashok Leyland Among Top Competitors in Africa’s CV Market 2017-08-02
- Tata, Hyundai to Boost Sales of CV in Indonesia 2017-06-12
- CHTGC Cooperated With Tata Daewoo 2013-05-14
- Tata Motors sales up 58% 2010-03-02
- Tata Faces 'Heat' From Daimler, Volvo as India Paves Its Roads 2010-02-10
- Fiat Buys Zastava in Serbia 2010-01-06
- Tata eyes exports to Asean: Thai autos to ship to Malaysia, Indonesia 2009-11-26
- Assembly of Chinese Automobiles Might Resume in the Sverdlovsk Oblast 2009-07-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September