Tata Faces 'Heat' From Daimler, Volvo as India Paves Its Roads
(chinatrucks.com, Feb.10, 2010)India’s aim to pave 20 kilometers of highway a day for the next five years is stoking demand for heavy trucks to carry freight, and overseas makers Daimler AG and Volvo AB are jockeying to challenge dominant Tata Motors Ltd.
Asia’s third-biggest economy is spending about $53 billion to build and upgrade 54,454 kilometers (33,836 miles) of highway. The roads carrying 65 percent of India's cargo are plagued by single lanes and irregular surfaces, slowing trucks to an average speed of about 20 kilometers per hour, a 2009 study said.
Improvements begun in 2000 for the "Golden Quadrilateral"project linking New Delhi and Mumbai triggered a shift from trucks weighing less than 16 tons to those weighing up to 49 tons, a segment where sales grew 8 percent from April to December. Volvo, Tata Motors and Mahindra Navistar Automotives Ltd. featured heavy trucks at the Delhi Auto Show in January.
"The highways rollout is giving these new players an opportunity that did not exist earlier,"said Viswanathan Vasudevan, who helps manage $300 million in funds, including India truck makers, at Aquarius Investment Advisors Pte Ltd. in Singapore. "They see a better possibility of making money and this is because of the Golden Quadrilateral and the transport system becoming better in India."
- Tata and Ashok Leyland Among Top Competitors in Africa’s CV Market 2017-08-02
- Tata, Hyundai to Boost Sales of CV in Indonesia 2017-06-12
- CHTGC Cooperated With Tata Daewoo 2013-05-14
- Tata Motors sales up 58% 2010-03-02
- Tata Motors, M&M, Reva eye electric compact truck segment 2010-02-08
- Fiat Buys Zastava in Serbia 2010-01-06
- Tata eyes exports to Asean: Thai autos to ship to Malaysia, Indonesia 2009-11-26
- Assembly of Chinese Automobiles Might Resume in the Sverdlovsk Oblast 2009-07-13
- JLR launches new auto-parts center in Suzhou 2009-06-29
- Tata Motors FY09 net shrinks 51% on lower vehicle sales 2009-05-31
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April