MAN Makes its Mark at Bauma 2013 with Rugged and Economical Vehicles for Mining
www.chinatrucks.com: MAN is displaying a heavy-duty TGS dump truck for gross weights of 50 tonnes especially for the mining industry at Bauma 2013.
Mining produces huge amounts of overburden, waste rock and materials containing natural resources. These all have to be transported from where they were excavated to where they are further processed or to the spoil heap, often along steep, unpaved roads. Trucks are a more flexible option than mine railways or conveyorbelt systems and are considerably less expensive to acquire than articulated or heavy-duty dumpers. Dump trucks or rear tippers on three- or four-axle chassis are used for this purpose. The demands are big ones: hard, multiple-shift operation at the maximum daily delivery rate, the heaviest loads, off-road operation and extreme exposure to dust. That is why mining vehicles have to be very rugged with big payloads and powerful engines, while at the same time being economical to run. MAN offers various vehicle solutions from the CLA, TGM, TGS and TGS WW se-ries that meet the demands of mining companies.
MAN TGS Product
Trucks have a wide variety of tasks to fulfil in the mining industry: minerals have to be moved between processing stations such as crusher, screener and mixer units as well as stockpiles and subsequently transported to railway stations or harbours for shipping. Reforestation of closed-down surface-mining areas and spoil heaps require huge amounts of earth to be moved. Depending on the weight and physical form of the cargo, the distance and the condition of the road, vehicles designed specifically for maximum transport load and speed are utilised. For these purposes, mining companies combine semitrailers and trailers to trains that can reach gross weights of well over 100 tonnes. In multiple-shift operation, these vehicles run almost round the clock. The companies depend on the ruggedness and reliability of their fleets. For many years now, vehicles from MAN have successfully proven themselves in the mining industry.
MAN TGM Product
But the range of tasks for truck chassis in mining is much wider. For example, there are tank trucks that spray the haul roads to minimise the amount of dust swirled up and pump trucks for drilling sludge or for spray-seeding areas for recultivation. Heavy-duty platform trucks deal with the transport of machines and materials. Container vehicles are used as mobile workshops while tankers supply the mining machinery with fuel and personnel are taken to their workplaces on personnel transporters based on all-wheel-drive chassis. The climatic conditions make further demands on the vehicle configuration because strip mining is conducted from the Arctic to the tropics.
To cope with this diversity, MAN offers suitable chassis in its range of vehi-cles with the CLA, TGM, TGS and TGS WW series. The MAN CLA series, which is manufactured in India, comprises vehicles with gross weights from 15 to 31 tonnes equipped with engines delivering from 220 hp (162 kW) to 280 hp (206 kW), complying with the Euro II or Euro III exhaust standards. More powerful and offering more variants are those MAN series produced in Europe - the TGM, TGS and TGS WW: two to four axles, engines from 250 hp (184 kW) to 540 hp (397 kW), exhaust standards from Euro II up and gross weights from 12 to 50 tonnes characterise them.
In order to meet the stringent requirements of mining companies in terms of short downtimes, MAN offers service concepts based on local conditions, ranging to mobile workshop solutions for fleets of vehicles.
Tailored to the requirements of Chilean copper mining is MAN's exhibit at bauma 2013 - a TGS 50.440 8x4 BB. Chassis and body are matched to each other for this operation. In conjunction with a reinforced subframe, the four-axle rear tipper is designed for a permissible gross weight of 50 tonnes. The tipper trough has a capacity of 20 cubic metres. Floor plate and walls are made from highly wear-resistant steel.
MAN's engineers have configured the vehicle to carry out the tasks required in this sector: its powerful yet economical six-cylinder in-line engine is Euro-IV compliant and has an output of 440 hp (324 kW). The power generated by this engine is transmitted via an MAN TipMatic? automated transmission to the two driven rear axles with their 24-inch twin tyres.
- SHACMAN X3000 Launched in Middle East and Won Order of 30 Units 2017-02-21
- SHACMAN Delivered 34 Trucks to Burma 2017-02-16
- Jiefang, SHACMAN and SINOTRUK Tell You the Development Trend of Future Truck 2017-02-10
- SC-Cloud Co-produced by SHACMAN and Xi’an Cummins Launching Officially 2017-02-07
- Delong L3000 Launched on the SHACMAN Business Annual Meeting 2017 2016-12-19
- SHACMAN Heavy Truck X3000 Entered into Nanchang and Won 25 Orders 2016-12-14
- SHACMAN Orders Break through 20000 in November 2016-12-02
- Auman EST Super Truck Awarded the “Chinese Truck of the Year for 2017” 2016-11-21
- The First SHACMAN Methanol Heavy Truck Launched in Kunshan CV Expo 2016-11-08
- AUMAN GTL Benz Version Launched in Hebei 2016-11-08
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Mercedes-Benz Starts Small Series Production of All-electric Urban eTruck and Tr
- Chenglong H7 Become Popular for Beauty and Strength
- SHACMAN X3000 Launched in Middle East and Won Order of 30 Units
- 2017 Discovery Trust---China Truck User Research & Awarding Ceremony to be Held
- CHMC QTc Light Truck Expected to Launch in June
- SAIC to Open its Second Overseas Technology Hub in Israel
- Production and Marketing of the Yuchai Engine Surge in the First Month of 2017
- High-end Products as the Direction, Liuzhou Motor Develop in Boutique Way
- Mid West Transport Services Benefits from Buying Allison Automatics
- ZEDO 300M Won Orders of 76 Units in Suzhou Launching Conference
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- FAW Has the Highest Growth among Top 10 CV Company in January
- Mini-truck Sales Ranking Released in January
- Light Truck Sales Ranking Released in January 2017
- Medium Truck Sales Ranking Released in January 2017
- Heavy-duty Truck Market Had a Good Start in 2017
- Wuling Taking Market Share of 35.59%: 2016 China Micro Trucks Sales Ranking Rele
- SINOTRUK Growth of 35.59%: 2016 China Light Trucks Sales Ranking Released
- Lifan Taking 30% of Market Share: China Medium Trucks Sales Ranking Released
- FAW Jiefang Ranked First: China Heavy Trucks Sales Ranking Released
- Heavy Trucks Delivered 732.9 Thousand in 2016