American Axle Revenue Rises; Earnings Drop on Refinancing Costs
www.chinatrucks.com: American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc.said its revenue rose as its sales to non- General Motors Co. clients increased, although refinancing charges weighed heavily on the bottom line.
The maker of driveline systems, chassis systems and forged products for trucks, buses and cars has posted increased revenue for more than three years as light-vehicle demand improved in North America—especially higher sales by its biggest client, General Motors. But its bottom line has been challenged by heavy charges, primarily from plant closures.
American Axle reported earnings of $29.8 million, or 39 cents a share, down from $319.9 million, or $4.21, a year earlier. The latest period included debt refinancing and redemption costs of 32 cents a share, while the year-ago period included a gain of $4.44 a share related to the reversal of its valuation against its net federal deferred tax assets.
Sales rose 13% to $831.3 million as its non-GM sales jumped 37% to $280.1 million.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters recently forecast earnings of 48 cents on revenue of $864 million.
Gross margin widened to 15.3% from 11.4%.
- Linglong Appears on Latin American&Caribbean Tyre Expo 2018 2018-06-15
- North American March Orders for Heavy Trucks Solidify Industry Recovery 2017-04-13
- North American surface trade up 6.6% year-over-year in June 2012-08-31
- Dana’s E-Axle for Medium-duty Trucks Enters Production in China 2018-05-29
- Shanghai Iveco Hongyang Axle Company to Run 2015-07-09
- Sales of Hande Axle up 17% Jan to June 2014-08-28
- Hande Axles Secures 2000 Sets Order from Southeast Asia 2014-07-18
- Germany's ZF Plans Axle Plant in Beijing 2013-09-26
- New Axle Plant of SAIC IVECO Hongyan to be Constructed 2013-07-01
- Exquisite Axles of Youngman Truck 2013-04-27
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November