IAA Hannover 2014: Renault and Iveco win International Truck and Van of the Year Awards
www.chinatrucks.com: Renault Trucks’ range T and the Iveco Daily have been crowned International Truck and Van of the Year 2015 respectively.
The Renault range T, which scored 129 votes and beat the Daf CF (81 votes) and Mercedes-Benz Atego (49 votes) into second and third place, was praised by the jury for representing a huge step forward over the Premium and Magnum it replaced.
Speaking at the IAA Commercial Vehicle Show in Hannover, Germany, on Tuesday, International Truck of the Year chairman Gianenrico Griffini said: “The new range T combines the best features found in Renault Trucks’ previously successful models together with the advanced functions built into its latest generation of heavy-duty products. The result is one of the most significant new truck launches for many years”.
Collecting the award, Bruno Blin, president of Renault Trucks, commented: “I am certain that recognition of the T’s qualities by specialised, independent journalists from 25 European countries, will be a powerful argument for winning over new customers.”
Meanwhile, the Iveco Daily (95 points) emerged as victor in the hotly contested International Van of the Year competition, with the Mercedes Vito (68 points) and the Ford Transit (44 points) finishing in second and third place respectively.
The tough decision was made by a panel of 23 leading commercial vehicle journalists who voted the Iveco to the top spot ahead of a shortlist of five other vans and a total of 12 new light commercial vehicles that have been launched this year.
Commenting on the Iveco Daily winning the coveted title, Jarlath Sweeney, International Truck and Van of the Year chairman, said: “Congratulations to Iveco on designing and producing an excellent range that includes panel vans and chassis cabs with a broad choice of powertrains from diesel, natural gas and electric and from next year two 4x4 versions. It is the second time that Iveco has won this award, the first was back in 2000, and as on this occasion also, well deserved.”
On receiving the IVoY 2015 trophy at the IAA gala dinner, Pierre Lahutte, brand president of Iveco said: “The New Daily is a major step forward in improving TCO, comfort, driveability, productivity, and sustainability. We would like to dedicate this award to our customers who every day count on this reliable and dependable working companion.”
- Renault Trucks Stepping Up Presence in Iran 2017-09-28
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Make China's Trucks And Vans Go Electric 2017-08-01
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Electrify China's Trucks And Vans 2017-07-12
- Groupe Pigeon receives the 800,000th Trucks made at the Renault Trucks plant 2017-05-04
- Renault Trucks Secures New Euro 6 Range T Order from TAS Transport 2013-10-14
- Volvo Aug Truck Shipments Fall 4 Percent Year-on-Year, Hit by Product Rollout 2013-09-23
- Volvo and Renault to Equip Nissan Diesel Engines 2013-06-28
- Renault Launched All-new EURO VI Trucks 2013-06-14
- Daimler and Renault to hold Kamaz and Volga 2012-02-03
- Renault Kerax 8x4 XTREM released 2011-11-25
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April