IAA Hannover 2014: Renault and Iveco win International Truck and Van of the Year Awards
www.chinatrucks.com: Renault Trucks’ range T and the Iveco Daily have been crowned International Truck and Van of the Year 2015 respectively.
The Renault range T, which scored 129 votes and beat the Daf CF (81 votes) and Mercedes-Benz Atego (49 votes) into second and third place, was praised by the jury for representing a huge step forward over the Premium and Magnum it replaced.
Speaking at the IAA Commercial Vehicle Show in Hannover, Germany, on Tuesday, International Truck of the Year chairman Gianenrico Griffini said: “The new range T combines the best features found in Renault Trucks’ previously successful models together with the advanced functions built into its latest generation of heavy-duty products. The result is one of the most significant new truck launches for many years”.
Collecting the award, Bruno Blin, president of Renault Trucks, commented: “I am certain that recognition of the T’s qualities by specialised, independent journalists from 25 European countries, will be a powerful argument for winning over new customers.”
Meanwhile, the Iveco Daily (95 points) emerged as victor in the hotly contested International Van of the Year competition, with the Mercedes Vito (68 points) and the Ford Transit (44 points) finishing in second and third place respectively.
The tough decision was made by a panel of 23 leading commercial vehicle journalists who voted the Iveco to the top spot ahead of a shortlist of five other vans and a total of 12 new light commercial vehicles that have been launched this year.
Commenting on the Iveco Daily winning the coveted title, Jarlath Sweeney, International Truck and Van of the Year chairman, said: “Congratulations to Iveco on designing and producing an excellent range that includes panel vans and chassis cabs with a broad choice of powertrains from diesel, natural gas and electric and from next year two 4x4 versions. It is the second time that Iveco has won this award, the first was back in 2000, and as on this occasion also, well deserved.”
On receiving the IVoY 2015 trophy at the IAA gala dinner, Pierre Lahutte, brand president of Iveco said: “The New Daily is a major step forward in improving TCO, comfort, driveability, productivity, and sustainability. We would like to dedicate this award to our customers who every day count on this reliable and dependable working companion.”
- Renault Electric Trucks to Go on Sale Next Year 2018-02-06
- Renault Trucks Stepping Up Presence in Iran 2017-09-28
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Make China's Trucks And Vans Go Electric 2017-08-01
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Electrify China's Trucks And Vans 2017-07-12
- Groupe Pigeon receives the 800,000th Trucks made at the Renault Trucks plant 2017-05-04
- Renault Trucks Secures New Euro 6 Range T Order from TAS Transport 2013-10-14
- Volvo Aug Truck Shipments Fall 4 Percent Year-on-Year, Hit by Product Rollout 2013-09-23
- Volvo and Renault to Equip Nissan Diesel Engines 2013-06-28
- Renault Launched All-new EURO VI Trucks 2013-06-14
- Daimler and Renault to hold Kamaz and Volga 2012-02-03
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November