IAA Hannover 2014: Renault and Iveco win International Truck and Van of the Year Awards
www.chinatrucks.com: Renault Trucks’ range T and the Iveco Daily have been crowned International Truck and Van of the Year 2015 respectively.
The Renault range T, which scored 129 votes and beat the Daf CF (81 votes) and Mercedes-Benz Atego (49 votes) into second and third place, was praised by the jury for representing a huge step forward over the Premium and Magnum it replaced.
Speaking at the IAA Commercial Vehicle Show in Hannover, Germany, on Tuesday, International Truck of the Year chairman Gianenrico Griffini said: “The new range T combines the best features found in Renault Trucks’ previously successful models together with the advanced functions built into its latest generation of heavy-duty products. The result is one of the most significant new truck launches for many years”.
Collecting the award, Bruno Blin, president of Renault Trucks, commented: “I am certain that recognition of the T’s qualities by specialised, independent journalists from 25 European countries, will be a powerful argument for winning over new customers.”
Meanwhile, the Iveco Daily (95 points) emerged as victor in the hotly contested International Van of the Year competition, with the Mercedes Vito (68 points) and the Ford Transit (44 points) finishing in second and third place respectively.
The tough decision was made by a panel of 23 leading commercial vehicle journalists who voted the Iveco to the top spot ahead of a shortlist of five other vans and a total of 12 new light commercial vehicles that have been launched this year.
Commenting on the Iveco Daily winning the coveted title, Jarlath Sweeney, International Truck and Van of the Year chairman, said: “Congratulations to Iveco on designing and producing an excellent range that includes panel vans and chassis cabs with a broad choice of powertrains from diesel, natural gas and electric and from next year two 4x4 versions. It is the second time that Iveco has won this award, the first was back in 2000, and as on this occasion also, well deserved.”
On receiving the IVoY 2015 trophy at the IAA gala dinner, Pierre Lahutte, brand president of Iveco said: “The New Daily is a major step forward in improving TCO, comfort, driveability, productivity, and sustainability. We would like to dedicate this award to our customers who every day count on this reliable and dependable working companion.”
- Renault and JMCG Officially Establish a Joint Venture for EVs 2019-07-18
- Renault and Brilliance Sign Agreement to Accelerate LCV Sales in China 2018-10-18
- Renault Electric Trucks to Go on Sale Next Year 2018-02-06
- Renault Trucks Stepping Up Presence in Iran 2017-09-28
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Make China's Trucks And Vans Go Electric 2017-08-01
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Electrify China's Trucks And Vans 2017-07-12
- Groupe Pigeon receives the 800,000th Trucks made at the Renault Trucks plant 2017-05-04
- Renault Trucks Secures New Euro 6 Range T Order from TAS Transport 2013-10-14
- Volvo Aug Truck Shipments Fall 4 Percent Year-on-Year, Hit by Product Rollout 2013-09-23
- Volvo and Renault to Equip Nissan Diesel Engines 2013-06-28
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September