Allison Transmission Improves Efficiency and Performance for Wreckers
www.chinatrucks.com: BEIJING – Shanghai HouYi JunJie International Logistics Development Co. (HouYi JunJie Logistics) recently modified a manual wrecker for the first time – equipping it with an Allison fully automatic transmission to improve safety, startability, acceleration, operational efficiency and driving comfort, all while streamlining vehicle maintenance costs.
HouYi JunJie Logistics modified the FOTON BJ5089TQZ-F2 chassis to include an Allison 1000 Series™ fully automatic transmission. Wreckers used for transporting luxury automobiles demand smooth and safe acceleration and excellent startability on slopes. The addition of an Allison transmission also provides easy maneuverability and comfort. With a total of six forward gears, one reverse gear, input torque of 500 N•m. and input power of 115 kW, the newly Allison-equipped vehicle meets these stringent requirements.
Currently, HouYi JunJie Logistics’ oblique trailer fleet has more than 30 manual wreckers, mainly used to support door-to-door, long-distance, inter-city transport of brand new luxury vehicles. Generally, these wreckers operate for hundreds of kilometers over sloped, bumpy roads. Each trip usually requires two operators who alternate driving around-the-clock to complete their deliveries as efficiently as possible.
Shi Guohua has over 10 years of long-distance driving experience with manual wreckers, and as the driver for the new Allison-equipped wrecker, he has strong feelings about the new vehicle’s advantages. “In a traffic jam, driving the Allison-equipped wrecker is particularly easy. Powerful startability and acceleration can easily help me maintain high-speeds and stable operation while climbing steep slopes.”
According to Guohua, who has driven more than 4,000 km (nearly 2,500 miles) in the past two weeks, the Allison vehicle is much less labor-intensive to drive. “I feel much less stressed, while saving time and money for the company.”
Allison's patented torque converter multiplies engine torque at launch, delivering excellent startability and acceleration. Meanwhile, Continuous Power Technology™ enables smoother power transfer to the drive wheels, with each gear shift made automatically and at exactly the right time. This not only improves efficiency, but also ensures driving comfort and safety.
Fleet Captain Qiao Jingchao explained that modifying the manual wrecker with an Allison fully automatic transmission was done to realize the company’s commitment to providing highly efficient, high-quality transport service to their customers. This is also an important measure to reduce maintenance costs which is also a major concern at the company.
Because Allison transmissions use a torque converter instead of a dry clutch, an Allison transmission requires less maintenance and no clutch replacements, unlike manual units. This also eliminates wear-and-tear to the powertrain system caused by frequent clutch operation. Only routine replacement of the oil and filter is required, largely eliminating maintenance costs incurred due to a driver’s lack of experience.
“We expect more wreckers equipped with Allison automatic transmissions in the future,” said Jingchao. “Allison transmissions minimize fleet maintenance costs to our expected target, while creating more efficient services for our customers."
About Allison Transmission
Allison Transmission (NYSE: ALSN) is the world’s largest manufacturer of fully automatic transmissions for medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles and is a leader in hybrid-propulsion systems for city buses. Allison transmissions are used in a variety of applications including refuse, construction, fire, distribution, bus, motorhomes, defense and energy. Founded in 1915, the company is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA and employs approximately 2,700 people worldwide. With a market presence in more than 80 countries, Allison has regional headquarters in the Netherlands, China and Brazil with manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Hungary and India. Allison also has approximately 1,400 independent distributor and dealer locations worldwide. For more information, visit allisontransmission.com.
- Allison Announces Its TC10® Available in Kenworth and Peterbilt 2017-03-24
- Mid West Transport Services Benefits from Buying Allison Automatics 2017-02-16
- Stuttgart Airport Operates Germany’s First Magirus Superdragon X8 with Two All 2017-02-06
- Allison Automatics Demonstrate Their Advantages in Snowy, Difficult Terrain 2016-11-23
- Allison-equipped road sweeper with single engine improves ease of use and effici 2016-10-28
- Allison Selected by ReTech to Provide Transmissions for a Growing Variety of Spe 2016-10-12
- Allison Transmission Selected Again by Servair for Its Newest Airport Service Ve 2016-05-10
- Allison Transmission Backs Jereh’s Complete Oil & Gas Solutions 2016-04-12
- Allison Transmission to Highlight Oil Field Series? at CIPPE 2016 2016-03-23
- S?o Paulo firefighters renew fleet with Allison fully automatic transmission-equipped trucks 2015-12-16
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Global Natural Gas Commercial Vehicles Market 2017 – Dongfeng, Foton
- Foton's Export Sees Growth in 2016 with Sales Network Expanded across the Globe
- Beiben Signs a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with Austria ECS
- “Simplified” Dongfeng KX Completes Trail Assembly and Rolls Off Line
- BAIC Got an Order of 1000 Semi-tractors from Myanmar
- An Overview on LNG Trucks in Two Sessions
- First Auman EST Rolls Off with Mass Production Starting Soon
- 560 Horsepower Dongfeng Cummins ISZ 13L Engine Officially Released
- Zoomlion and MAZ to Collaborate in Building Special Vehicles in Belarus
- Sinotruck Delivers First 5 Units of Oil Tankers to Saudi Arabia
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks No.1 by 270% Year-on-Year Growth in Medium Truck Market
- 8 Heavy Truck Builders See Over 100% Rise in February, 2017
- Tractors Saw a 234.36% Jump Year-on-Year in February 2017
- Light Truck Gets a Strong Rebound, Increasing by 40% Year on Year
- FAW Has the Highest Growth among Top 10 CV Company in January
- Mini-truck Sales Ranking Released in January
- Light Truck Sales Ranking Released in January 2017
- Medium Truck Sales Ranking Released in January 2017
- Heavy-duty Truck Market Had a Good Start in 2017
- Wuling Taking Market Share of 35.59%: 2016 China Micro Trucks Sales Ranking Rele