Cummins Reveals "Repower" Diesel Crate Engine Program at SEMA 2016
www.chinatrucks.com: Making its debut at the 2016 Specialty Equipment Market Association Show this morning was Cummins Repower, the new crate engine program designed for consumer auto and truck enthusiasts. The program’s first (and so far only) offering will be the Cummins R2.8 Turbo Diesel, an I-4 engine commonly used for Jeep projects.
Cummins Executive Director – Global Pickup/Van Business Jeff Caldwell said the decision to offer the R2.8 was made after seeing the immense demand for Cummins engines from the consumer aftermarket. “They want reliable power, and this segment of the aftermarket exists because there is no off-the-shelf vehicle that satisfies enthusiasts’ appetites for personalization,” Caldwell said.
According to the company, the R2.8 will come with 50-state emissions compliance, and the company is working with the California Air Resources Board to ensure the R2.8 has clear guidelines regarding which vehicles and vintages it can power. Electronically controlled high-pressure common-rail injection provides reliable and consistent power delivery, and the kit includes all necessary components to ease installation. Cummins says even novices can handle the kit, although we’d suggest rookies have a little help regardless.
The company claims that a Jeep Wrangler TJ with the R2.8 engine swap has improved torque ratings across the engine’s rev range, with fuel economy that’s doubled or even tripled compared to the stock engine. We believe that claim, as Cummins’ compact I-4 turbodiesel was lots of fun to drive in the Frontier prototype we sampled a few years ago.
The R2.8 will begin consumer sales early next year. What’s your ideal swap? Let us know in the comments.
- Cummins Unveils ISXE5 Replacement 2016-11-10
- Dongfeng and Cummins Co-produced “Genesis” Truck 2016-10-24
- Cummins Recognized by Frost & Sullivan as 2016 Overall Best Heavy-duty Engine Supplier 2016-10-10
- Cummins Introduces Next-Generation Engine X Family 2016-09-30
- Cummins ISZ Engine Helping Express and Logistic 2016-05-25
- Chenglong H7 with Donfeng Cummins ISZ13 Highly Favored in Hebei Market 2016-05-11
- Dongfeng Cummins ISZ13L Engine Aids Tianlong & H7 2016-01-08
- 74 Shaanqi Cummins X3000 to be Delivered to Customers in Sichuan 2015-11-16
- Shaanqi Cummins Kicked off its Tour in Jiangsu 2015-11-05
- Cummins Plans to Cut 2,000 Positions 2015-10-29
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Mercedes-Benz Starts Small Series Production of All-electric Urban eTruck and Tr
- Chenglong H7 Become Popular for Beauty and Strength
- SHACMAN X3000 Launched in Middle East and Won Order of 30 Units
- 2017 Discovery Trust---China Truck User Research & Awarding Ceremony to be Held
- CHMC QTc Light Truck Expected to Launch in June
- SAIC to Open its Second Overseas Technology Hub in Israel
- Production and Marketing of the Yuchai Engine Surge in the First Month of 2017
- High-end Products as the Direction, Liuzhou Motor Develop in Boutique Way
- Mid West Transport Services Benefits from Buying Allison Automatics
- ZEDO 300M Won Orders of 76 Units in Suzhou Launching Conference
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- FAW Has the Highest Growth among Top 10 CV Company in January
- Mini-truck Sales Ranking Released in January
- Light Truck Sales Ranking Released in January 2017
- Medium Truck Sales Ranking Released in January 2017
- Heavy-duty Truck Market Had a Good Start in 2017
- Wuling Taking Market Share of 35.59%: 2016 China Micro Trucks Sales Ranking Rele
- SINOTRUK Growth of 35.59%: 2016 China Light Trucks Sales Ranking Released
- Lifan Taking 30% of Market Share: China Medium Trucks Sales Ranking Released
- FAW Jiefang Ranked First: China Heavy Trucks Sales Ranking Released
- Heavy Trucks Delivered 732.9 Thousand in 2016