Cummins Reveals "Repower" Diesel Crate Engine Program at SEMA 2016
www.chinatrucks.com: Making its debut at the 2016 Specialty Equipment Market Association Show this morning was Cummins Repower, the new crate engine program designed for consumer auto and truck enthusiasts. The program’s first (and so far only) offering will be the Cummins R2.8 Turbo Diesel, an I-4 engine commonly used for Jeep projects.
Cummins Executive Director – Global Pickup/Van Business Jeff Caldwell said the decision to offer the R2.8 was made after seeing the immense demand for Cummins engines from the consumer aftermarket. “They want reliable power, and this segment of the aftermarket exists because there is no off-the-shelf vehicle that satisfies enthusiasts’ appetites for personalization,” Caldwell said.
According to the company, the R2.8 will come with 50-state emissions compliance, and the company is working with the California Air Resources Board to ensure the R2.8 has clear guidelines regarding which vehicles and vintages it can power. Electronically controlled high-pressure common-rail injection provides reliable and consistent power delivery, and the kit includes all necessary components to ease installation. Cummins says even novices can handle the kit, although we’d suggest rookies have a little help regardless.
The company claims that a Jeep Wrangler TJ with the R2.8 engine swap has improved torque ratings across the engine’s rev range, with fuel economy that’s doubled or even tripled compared to the stock engine. We believe that claim, as Cummins’ compact I-4 turbodiesel was lots of fun to drive in the Frontier prototype we sampled a few years ago.
The R2.8 will begin consumer sales early next year. What’s your ideal swap? Let us know in the comments.
- Cummins Unveils ISXE5 Replacement 2016-11-10
- “Made-in-China” Dongfeng Cummins Engine Achieved Gizan Industrial Park 2016-11-03
- Dongfeng and Cummins Co-produced “Genesis” Truck 2016-10-24
- Cummins Recognized by Frost & Sullivan as 2016 Overall Best Heavy-duty Engine Supplier 2016-10-10
- Cummins Introduces Next-Generation Engine X Family 2016-09-30
- DONGFENG Cummins Heavy Products to Debut on Beijing"China Transpo 2016" 2016-05-25
- Cummins ISZ Engine Helping Express and Logistic 2016-05-25
- Chenglong H7 with Donfeng Cummins ISZ13 Highly Favored in Hebei Market 2016-05-11
- Dongfeng Cummins ISZ13L Engine Aids Tianlong & H7 2016-01-08
- 74 Shaanqi Cummins X3000 to be Delivered to Customers in Sichuan 2015-11-16
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Pickup Manufacturers See Opportunity in China
- 10 Scania G440 Delivered to Vonbbon Logistics
- 300 JAC Trucks Delivered to La Guardia Nacional de Venezuela
- CAMC 8X2 Chassis Minimum Weight Reaches 8.7 Tons
- JAC Frison Sales Go higher in the Overseas Market
- ZOOMLION 4.0 Product Portfolio Showed in bauma 2016
- SINOTRUK Wangpai Won Orders of 46 Intelligent Green Muck Trucks in Chengdu Appra
- XCMG Signed 200 Orders with Malaysian Customer to be the Biggest Winner in bauma
- WAW DITO Launched and Gained Orders of 6800 Trucks
- JAC GALLOP Leading the New Boom of Car Transporter Market
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Sales Ranking of Light Truck (including LFN) Manufacturers in November
- The Sales Report of Medium Trucks in November Released
- The Sales Report of Heavy Trucks in November Released
- Dongfeng Light Trucks Climbed 45% in November
- Light Trucks Sales in October Ranking Released
- Lifan Ranked No.1 in the October Medium Trucks Sales Ranking
- Heavy Trucks Market Patter to Be Formed in the End of 2016
- Truck Manufacturers Sales Report of October Released
- Heavy Truck Market Had a Good Performance in October
- CNG Heavy Truck Market Rose for the Three Consecutive Months