China Paving a Way for Autonomous Trucks
www.chinatrucks.com: With cooperation from the Chinese government, TuSimple, a Chinese autonomous driving startup, has signed an agreement that will allow it to test autonomous trucks on public roads by Oct. 2017.
TuSimple signed the strategic cooperation agreement with the Caofeidian District of Tangshan in the Hebei Province of northeastern China. The Caofeidian government will coordinate policies and regulations for the test site and infrastructure and TuSimple will set up a research and development center in the district to modify autonomous trucks, conduct closed-venue and highway road tests, collect data and improve algorithms.
Tangshan is located near the Chinese capital of Beijing and there are several major highways within the district that make it favorable for the development of automated logistics, according to TuSimple.
The Chinese government intends to expand the scope of Beijing as a regional hub and has incorporated Beijing and nearby Tianjin and Hebei into its development plan. This allowed TuSimple to quickly gain policy support from the Caofeidian government.
The TuSimple autonomous technology is designed to allow a single driver to lead a fleet of unmanned trucks on a highway to reduce problems such as labor shortages and fatigued driving. Unlike complex road conditions in urban scenarios, TuSimple’s highway automatic driving is designed to be simpler and easier to commercialize.
- Beijing-Based Tusimple Racing Tesla Brings Driverless Trucks to Arizona 2017-09-08
- SAIC EV80 Autonomous Light Truck Eyed by JD for Driverless Deliveries 2017-10-31
- Chinese Company Chanje Fields Electric CV for U.S. Market 2017-10-31
- BYD’s Truck Chief Confident About Future Battery-Electric Trucks's Growth 2017-10-31
- CAMC Electric Heavy-duty Truck Boasts a Maximum Loading Capacity of 13 Tons 2017-10-31
- Iveco Daily Set to Make its Debut at CCVS 2017 2017-10-30
- Conmet Set to Display its More Durable Wheel Hub at CCVS 2017-10-30
- Conghua Selects Allison Transmissions for New Sanitation Trucks 2017-10-27
- JMC Weilong Heavy-duty Trucks Delivered to Their First Customers for Operation 2017-10-27
- Many New Products to Make Their Debut at China Commercial Vehicles Show 2017 2017-10-27
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses
- Super Truck Loads U.S., China Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Dayun Heavy-duty Truck on Exhibition at 122nd Canton Fair
- China Heavy Truck Continues to See Strong Sales
- Model Innovation Creates Brand Value, JAC and Volkswagen Cooperation Accelerates
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
- Japan Introduces 25-meter Long ISUZU GIGA Full Trailers
- Volvo Introduces LNG Versions of FM and FH Trucks
- Gas Trucks boom in China as Government Curbs Diesel Trucks
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019
C&C Shows Off U550 Tractor at Shanghai Intermodal Asia
At the 4th Intermodal Asia, C&C Trucks, as the only manufacturer of heavy trucks at the Exhibition, brings two new tractor models U550 is among those on show, with advanced K13 engine and 6×4 wheel drive available
- Lifan Ranks among the Top Medium Truck Sales in September
- Hongyan Ranks among the Top Heavy Trucks Sales in September
- China Sold 87,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in August
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July
- Sales Volume of Tractors in June ,2017
- Heavy Truck Sales Expected to Pass 90,000 Mark in June
- Top 10 Sales for Light Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Sales Ranking for Medium Duty Truck in May, 2017
- Top 10 Heavy Duty Truck Builders on the Market in May, 2017
- Natural Gas Truck Sees a Jump of 666% YoY in April