China Truck Makers to Come Out as Winners from the Belt & Road Initiative
www.chinatrucks.com: In 2016, the export of Chinese complete trucks is 186,000 units. Sinotruk exports one third of annual production and Foton sells around 58,000 units, up by 9% year on year. “From 2011 to 2014, SHACMAN maintains an export of 10,000 units every year”, said Zhang Xiaohui, “SHACMAN remains export over 5,000 units in 2016 despite of low demands in international market due to sluggish economy and decreasing price of crude oil.”
The Belt and Road Initiative, a development strategy was proposed by China in 2013. Three years later, the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation is held in Beijing in May 2017, indicating the great importance to which China attached.
Currently, the export of Chinese trucks is mainly in developing countries in Middle Asia and Southeast Asia, which are also the countries alongside the “Belt and Road”. The “Belt and Road” brings new opportunities for Chinese trucks in overseas market not only to deepen mature markets but to explore new markets.
It is believed that with the deepening of the “Belt and Road” heavy truck will see great chances because of the increasing infrastructure projects and increasing chances in overseas project construction. Tractors and dumpers take a large share in export. For example, over 80% export of SHACMAN heavy trucks are tractors and dumpers.
Previously, Chinese trucks are always impressed as “low quality and low price” compared with European and American high-end trucks. And the export is mainly to developing countries in Africa and Southeast Asia. This situation is changing in recent years and some companies are trying to explore the high-end market.
SINOTRUK is speeding up the arrangement in Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, etc. and fighting for entering the world’s top automobile manufacturers. Foton also comes up with strategic plan in product upgrade and structure adjustment which is to transmit from medium level products to high-end products by introducing new products based on current ones.
- Foton IBLUE Truck Takes Only Three Minutes to Complete Battery Swapping 2020-08-19
- Foton Philippines Unveiled the All-new Diesel-powered Gratour TM 300 2020-08-19
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July 2020-08-13
- Foton Forland Delivers Its 120,000th Trucks with National Ⅵ Emission Standards 2020-08-12
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai 2020-08-11
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth 2020-08-07
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB 2020-08-07
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July 2020-08-04
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020 2020-08-03
- 193 Units Foton AUMARK S Light Trucks to Arrive in Turkey for Operation 2020-07-30
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1