China's Linglong Tyre considering European Factory
Shandong province, China-based Linglong Tires is considering a European factory. In the wake of media reports, Tyres & Accessories spoke with company representatives and learnt that a number of locations in both Eastern and Western Europe are being considered.
Locations in the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia and even Belgium are said to be the subject of discussions. Reports began flowing after Czech president Milos Zeman met with the chairman of the Chinese commission supervising banks and a representative of tyre maker Linglong Tire.
At this point in time, the company was reportedly looking for where to establish the next phase of its 3+3 production strategy, which calls for Linglong to invest in three Chinese production basis on the mainland and three outside of China. Tyres & Accessories understands that the European talks referred to the concept of bringing a new tyre factory to Europe.
Wang Feng’s face-to-face with Czech President, US plant next
Indeed on 12 May 2017, Wang Feng (the chairman of Linglong Tire) had a face-to-face talk with Czech president, Milos Zeman, in Beijing to discuss the future investment environment.
During the meeting, President Zeman expressed his opinion on Linglong Tire’s overseas investment plan and strategy, and said that Czech government would give full support to Linglong and hoped Linglong could fully consider Czech as the its main investment intention.
In response Wang Feng expressed his sincere welcome to the president and his team, and gave a brief introduction to Linglong’s 3+3 strategy and sales condition. By the end of 2020, the company will complete the two overseas production bases in America and Europe, gradually realizing the layout of three foreign production bases. At that time the annual production capacity will reach 80 million units. Meanwhile, the company is also studying the investment projects in Eastern European countries such as Czech, Poland and Hungary.
Linglong also met Slovakian government officials
www.chinatrucks.com: On 18 May the Slovakian ambassador to China, Dusan Bella, and economic counselor, Miroslav Tomo, paid a visit to Linglong Tire. They visited Linglong’s R&D centre and PCR plant number six in Zhaoyuan as well as Linglong Tire’s HQ, accompanied by Liu Zhancun, vice president of Linglong Tire, and Li Wei, deputy general manager of Linglong Tire. The two guests reportedly spoke highly of Linglong tyre’s technical level and intelligent manufacturing level.
After the visit, the two sides held what have been characterised as “friendly talks”. Ambassador Dusan Bella and counsellor Miroslav TOMO introduced Slovakian investment policy and taxation and labour provisions to Linglong Tire and said that Slovakian government was willing to communicate directly with Linglong Tire and provide accurate and reliable information and policy to help Linglong to build its second overseas manufacturing base.
Linglong’s news also follows the company’s erstwhile attempts to buy Kumho – a bid the firm was ultimately outmanoeuvred in by fellow Shandong firm Doublestar. This is significant in the context of the European factory news because the construction of a European plant was also the “plan B” of Apollo Tyres when its own large-scale acquisition of Cooper Tires foundered a few years ago.
According to the latest research, Shandong Linglong is the fourth largest Chinese tyre manufacturer with 2016 sales of 10.5 billion yuan).
- Linglong Signed Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with SGMW 2020-01-02
- Linglong Won Chinese Brand of the Year 2019 2019-12-30
- Linglong Tire Global Partner Conference Successfully Held 2019-12-20
- Linglong Tire Industrial Design Center among National Industrial Design Centers 2019-12-19
- Linglong Int'l Tire (Thailand) Co., Ltd. Held 2019 Distributor Conference 2019-12-18
- Linglong Tire Won 2019 Gold Supplier of Sinotruk 2019-12-05
- Linglong Rolls Out First TBR Radial Tire from Hubei Plant 2019-11-25
- Linglong Tire Appears at SEMA Show 2019 2019-11-15
- Linglong Tire Was Awarded Shandong Governor Quality Award 2019-10-23
- Linglong European Dealers Conference Successfully Held in Cyprus 2019-10-17
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September