Allison Automatic Transmissions Superior for City Distribution
www.chinatrucks.com: Rudenstams Parti AB is a family-owned wholesaler, buying locally cultivated and imported products which are later distributed to retail stores in the Småland, Östergötland and Västergötland regions of Sweden with its eight Scania trucks.
Scania P250 DB 4x2 with a Euro 6 engine and an Allison 3000 Series™ fully automatic transmission
One of the latest additions to the fleet is a Scania P250 DB 4x2 with a Euro 6 engine and an Allison 3000 SeriesTM fully automatic transmission. According to Björn Segerberg, the manager responsible for the fleet, Allison fully automatic transmissions are the obvious choice for navigating city traffic.
"Because our customers are located relatively close in Jönköping, Huskvarna and cities a little further away, we choose our truck configurations depending on the anticipated route and duty cycle,” he said.
"We have had only good experiences with Allison transmissions,” said Segerberg. “Our old Scania has driven over 450,000 kilometers (280,000 miles) without any transmission problems whatsoever. We expect the same from our new 'Allison truck’.”
Segerberg tracks fleet driving distances and fuel consumption very closely as he monitors cost returns for the distribution company. “Every month I find the old preconception that a fully automatic transmission is ‘thirstier’ than others is totally wrong,” he said.
"Last month our new Allison-equipped Scania had the lowest fuel consumption of all our trucks, despite being used only in heavy city traffic with many more starts and stops than our other trucks fitted with either manual or automated manual transmissions (AMTs),” said Segerberg.
Allison 3000 Series™ fully automatic transmissions benefit from Continuous Power TechnologyTM
Allison transmissions benefit from Continuous Power TechnologyTM, which delivers more power to the drive wheels than any other transmission solution. Allison Automatics accelerate faster than manuals and AMTs, and also offer higher average speeds, which means more loads each day, increasing productivity and profits.
Fredrik Gustafsson has been driving Allison-equipped trucks at Rudenstams Parti for six years, and he also drives the newly delivered Scania.
“I feel my distribution rounds can be completed in considerably shorter time thanks to the Allison fully automatic transmission,” Gustafsson said. "It is superior in city traffic for driving on narrow streets and reaching loading ramps with just centimeters to spare on each side.”
In addition to the speed of acceleration possible with uninterrupted powershifts, driver Gustafsson likes being without the distraction of having to shift constantly. “The manueverability at low speeds can't really be compared to other transmission solutions, because with an Allison, it’s just easier to concentrate on driving,” he said.
- ISUZU's New Gasoline-powered Class 5 Truck Features Allison Transmission 2020-08-03
- Munck Truck Receives Allison Transmission for Greater Mobility and Safety 2020-05-14
- Allison 3414 Regional Haul Series™ Transmission Earns Key Industry Award 2020-04-06
- Allison Transmission Cements Its Position with Hanson Cement 2020-03-27
- Yangcheon Environment Chooses Allison Transmission for Refuse Trucks 2019-12-19
- Allison Launches New Transmission and Partnership with Freightliner at NACV 2019-10-30
- Allison Automatics Account for 65% of Medium-Duty Hino Truck Sales in Austrilia 2019-10-25
- Allison Acquires Walker Die Casting 2019-09-10
- Bell Exclusively Selects Allison Transmissions for Its Articulated Dump Trucks 2019-09-02
- Refuse Trucks Equipped with Allison Transmissions Clean up After a Crisis 2019-08-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1