Daimler India Ships the 10,000th Export Truck
www.chinatrucks.com: Chennai, May 31 (UNI) Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV) today celebrated an important milestone when it shipped the 10,000th export truck.
Less than four years after the kick-off, the 10,000th exports vehicle rolled onto the ship at Kamarajar Port at Ennore near Chennai.
The milestone vehicle, a Mercedes-Benz 40-ton heavy- duty tractor for a customer in Indonesia, was part of a batch of about 250 trucks on the way to various markets in South-East Asia.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Marc Llistosella, Head of Daimler Trucks Asia said “10,000 trucks exported are only a start. We are leveraging additional potentials in growth markets with reliable, efficient high-quality trucks built at our Indian manufacturing plant.'
'There will be continuous significant growth in this business for our FUSO and Mercedes-Benz brands', he added.
DICV’s export product range, manufactured on the same production lines as its domestic BharatBenz portfolio according to global Daimler standards, features medium-duty (9-16 tonnes) and heavy-duty (16-49 tonnes) trucks.
Developed and rigorously tested to meet the diverse requirements of the target markets in Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America, they were opening additional growth opportunities for Daimler Trucks.
Mr Erich Nesselhauf, Managing Director and CEO, Daimler India Commercial Vehicles said “Our exports business has been developing extremely well. Since the launch in 2013, we have doubled our figures each year and we aim for further significant growth as we will expand to serve more than 40 markets on three continents by the end of the year.”
Beyond completely built trucks, DICV has already exported more than 1,000 bus chassis produced at its bus plant and is ramping up volumes of its Mercedes-Benz school bus which has been launched in the Middle East.
The company has also been supplying FUSO truck CKD kits to Kenya for local assembly by a FUSO partner in Kenya since March 2016 and to Daimler Truck’s production plant in East London/South Africa, where local assembly just begun this month.
- Daimler Brings its Latest Products on Display at CIIE 2019-11-08
- Foton Daimler Delivers 130 Units Auman Port Vehicles to Customers in Guangzhou 2019-11-01
- CATL to Supply Batteries for Daimler Electric Trucks 2019-09-23
- Daimler Rolls Out of Its 750,000th Heavy-duty Trucks at Clevela Plant 2019-08-29
- Daimler to Make Mercedes Benz-branded Heavy Trucks in China 2019-08-23
- Foton Daimler's Super Power Chain Hit the Market 2019-08-08
- Daimler 2018 Truck Sales Was Up 2019-04-08
- Foton Daimler Signs a Sales Contract with CIMC Ruijiang Auto 2019-02-19
- Daimler Hands over First Electric Freightliner Truck in the U.S. 2019-01-03
- Foton Daimler Won Special Contribution Award 2018-12-20
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September