Daimler India Ships the 10,000th Export Truck
www.chinatrucks.com: Chennai, May 31 (UNI) Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV) today celebrated an important milestone when it shipped the 10,000th export truck.
Less than four years after the kick-off, the 10,000th exports vehicle rolled onto the ship at Kamarajar Port at Ennore near Chennai.
The milestone vehicle, a Mercedes-Benz 40-ton heavy- duty tractor for a customer in Indonesia, was part of a batch of about 250 trucks on the way to various markets in South-East Asia.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Marc Llistosella, Head of Daimler Trucks Asia said “10,000 trucks exported are only a start. We are leveraging additional potentials in growth markets with reliable, efficient high-quality trucks built at our Indian manufacturing plant.'
'There will be continuous significant growth in this business for our FUSO and Mercedes-Benz brands', he added.
DICV’s export product range, manufactured on the same production lines as its domestic BharatBenz portfolio according to global Daimler standards, features medium-duty (9-16 tonnes) and heavy-duty (16-49 tonnes) trucks.
Developed and rigorously tested to meet the diverse requirements of the target markets in Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America, they were opening additional growth opportunities for Daimler Trucks.
Mr Erich Nesselhauf, Managing Director and CEO, Daimler India Commercial Vehicles said “Our exports business has been developing extremely well. Since the launch in 2013, we have doubled our figures each year and we aim for further significant growth as we will expand to serve more than 40 markets on three continents by the end of the year.”
Beyond completely built trucks, DICV has already exported more than 1,000 bus chassis produced at its bus plant and is ramping up volumes of its Mercedes-Benz school bus which has been launched in the Middle East.
The company has also been supplying FUSO truck CKD kits to Kenya for local assembly by a FUSO partner in Kenya since March 2016 and to Daimler Truck’s production plant in East London/South Africa, where local assembly just begun this month.
- Volvo, Daimler to Form a Joint Venture for Large-scale Production of Fuel Cells 2020-04-24
- Daimler Trucks' Next EV will be a Garbage Truck 2020-02-04
- Daimler Brings its Latest Products on Display at CIIE 2019-11-08
- Foton Daimler Delivers 130 Units Auman Port Vehicles to Customers in Guangzhou 2019-11-01
- CATL to Supply Batteries for Daimler Electric Trucks 2019-09-23
- Daimler Rolls Out of Its 750,000th Heavy-duty Trucks at Clevela Plant 2019-08-29
- Daimler to Make Mercedes Benz-branded Heavy Trucks in China 2019-08-23
- Foton Daimler's Super Power Chain Hit the Market 2019-08-08
- Daimler 2018 Truck Sales Was Up 2019-04-08
- Foton Daimler Signs a Sales Contract with CIMC Ruijiang Auto 2019-02-19
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1