Scania to Sell Heavy Commercial Vehicles in Pakistan
www.chinatrucks.com: Encouraged by a huge investment potential in Pakistan’s rapidly growing automobile market, renowned Swedish heavy commercial vehicle manufacturer Scania has announced that it will introduce its premium trucks, truck-tractors, buses and coaches in the South Asian country through a local distributor.
Later, the company will explore the potential of setting up a manufacturing plant in Pakistan. The European manufacturer has signed an agreement with Yousaf Dewan Companies and awarded distribution rights for introducing its products in Pakistan market.
Scania Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing Christian Levin and Yousaf Dewan Companies Chairman Dewan Muhammad Yousuf Farooqui inked the distribution agreement recently in the presence of top officials of both companies and renowned customers of heavy commercial vehicles.
“We are delighted to introduce our quality trucks and buses in Pakistan,” said Levin. “Pakistan is quickly emerging as a preferred investment destination in the world; the automotive industry, in particular, sees a lot of investment potential in the wake of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).”
Levin elaborated that the vision behind introducing Scania products was to explore the full potential of Pakistan market by raising the bar higher for competition.
The Swedish company’s entry into Pakistan would not only strengthen its business, but would also go on to support the country’s growth and progress on the socio-economic front by creating multifarious employment and business opportunities.
“We are committed to expanding our investment and will explore the prospects of manufacturing our products here in Pakistan,” he revealed.
Scania is a major Swedish manufacturer of commercial vehicles, specifically heavy trucks and buses. The company was founded in 1891 in the Swedish province of Skane and its head office has been in Sodertalje since 1912.
Today, with 125 years of rich experience in the global automobile industry, Scania has operations in 100 countries around the world and employs approximately 42,100 people.
“I believe it is opportune time for Scania to enter Pakistan market as our economy is growing by leaps and bounds, especially the truck and bus sector is witnessing unprecedented exponential growth,” commented Farooqui, Chairman of Yousaf Dewan Companies.
He insisted that stable policies of the government were playing a major role in the revival of automotive industry in Pakistan. As a result, the truck and bus market is currently experiencing unprecedented robust growth – a barometer for deep-rooted economic expansion.
Furthermore, CPEC was bringing an investment of $57 billion in energy and infrastructure projects and was creating a shift in the demand for high-speed, high-power, fuel-efficient, long-haulage solutions, Farooqui added.
Yousaf Dewan Companies has been providing automobile solutions for close to two decades now. It is already associated with renowned brands like BMW and Mitsubishi.
It has also assembled Hyundai and Kia completely knocked down (CKD)-based products in the past. Now, it intends to cater to the needs of heavy commercial vehicle customers by joining hands with Scania.
- Scania’s Production Worldwide Completes Fossil-free Transition 2020-09-01
- Scania to Deliver 75 Battery Electric Trucks to ASKO in Norway 2020-05-27
- FULONGMA, Scania Launch 3rd-generation Compression Garbage Truck in Hong Kong 2020-04-10
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2019 2020-03-25
- Scania Suspends Truck Production in Europe Over COVID-19 2020-03-20
- Scania Dedicated to Help Chinese Users Succeed in a Challenging Market 2020-01-15
- Scania Delivers Its 7000th Trucks in Hongkong 2019-11-22
- Scania Jining Repair Factory Starts Operation 2019-09-12
- Scania Expands Its Presence to Northeast China 2019-04-01
- Scania Unveiled an Entire Range of New Trucks in Thailand 2019-02-28
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1