Scania to Sell Heavy Commercial Vehicles in Pakistan
www.chinatrucks.com: Encouraged by a huge investment potential in Pakistan’s rapidly growing automobile market, renowned Swedish heavy commercial vehicle manufacturer Scania has announced that it will introduce its premium trucks, truck-tractors, buses and coaches in the South Asian country through a local distributor.
Later, the company will explore the potential of setting up a manufacturing plant in Pakistan. The European manufacturer has signed an agreement with Yousaf Dewan Companies and awarded distribution rights for introducing its products in Pakistan market.
Scania Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing Christian Levin and Yousaf Dewan Companies Chairman Dewan Muhammad Yousuf Farooqui inked the distribution agreement recently in the presence of top officials of both companies and renowned customers of heavy commercial vehicles.
“We are delighted to introduce our quality trucks and buses in Pakistan,” said Levin. “Pakistan is quickly emerging as a preferred investment destination in the world; the automotive industry, in particular, sees a lot of investment potential in the wake of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).”
Levin elaborated that the vision behind introducing Scania products was to explore the full potential of Pakistan market by raising the bar higher for competition.
The Swedish company’s entry into Pakistan would not only strengthen its business, but would also go on to support the country’s growth and progress on the socio-economic front by creating multifarious employment and business opportunities.
“We are committed to expanding our investment and will explore the prospects of manufacturing our products here in Pakistan,” he revealed.
Scania is a major Swedish manufacturer of commercial vehicles, specifically heavy trucks and buses. The company was founded in 1891 in the Swedish province of Skane and its head office has been in Sodertalje since 1912.
Today, with 125 years of rich experience in the global automobile industry, Scania has operations in 100 countries around the world and employs approximately 42,100 people.
“I believe it is opportune time for Scania to enter Pakistan market as our economy is growing by leaps and bounds, especially the truck and bus sector is witnessing unprecedented exponential growth,” commented Farooqui, Chairman of Yousaf Dewan Companies.
He insisted that stable policies of the government were playing a major role in the revival of automotive industry in Pakistan. As a result, the truck and bus market is currently experiencing unprecedented robust growth – a barometer for deep-rooted economic expansion.
Furthermore, CPEC was bringing an investment of $57 billion in energy and infrastructure projects and was creating a shift in the demand for high-speed, high-power, fuel-efficient, long-haulage solutions, Farooqui added.
Yousaf Dewan Companies has been providing automobile solutions for close to two decades now. It is already associated with renowned brands like BMW and Mitsubishi.
It has also assembled Hyundai and Kia completely knocked down (CKD)-based products in the past. Now, it intends to cater to the needs of heavy commercial vehicle customers by joining hands with Scania.
- Scania Delivers Its 7000th Trucks in Hongkong 2019-11-22
- Scania Jining Repair Factory Starts Operation 2019-09-12
- Scania Expands Its Presence to Northeast China 2019-04-01
- Scania Unveiled an Entire Range of New Trucks in Thailand 2019-02-28
- Scania Opens a New Factory in Thailand 2019-02-28
- Scania’s New Truck Generation Officially Launched in UAE 2018-11-02
- Scania Delivers Its XT P 370 6×6 Tanker to Fight Forest Fires in Sweden 2018-10-29
- IAA 2018: Scania to Present New Plug-in Hybrid Truck 2018-09-17
- IAA 2018: Scania Announced No Diesel-Powered Vehicles on Show 2018-09-12
- Scania Sets to Launch Its Own China Truck Factory As Ownership Rules Eased 2018-08-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September