Hyundai Launches a Pickup Truck into U.S. Market
www.chinatrucks.com: Hyundai will be launching a pickup in the U.S. to help make up for double-digit losses as consumers continue to lose interest in sedans.
The automaker will be offering U.S. buyers a truck that’s similar to its Santa Cruz concept which was unveiled in 2015. No date has been given yet for the launch.
The Santa Cruz concept pickup won Concept Truck of the Year at the 14th annual North American Concept Vehicle of the Year (NACVOTY) Awards in July 2015 at the Concours d’Elegance of America at St. John’s.
The truck featured an eco-friendly 2.0-liter turbodiesel engine (190 horsepower, 300 lb.ft. of torque) which powered Hyundai’s HTRAC all-wheel drive system.
A Hyundai executive told Reuters that the company will also be launching a crossover SUV called the Kona in the U.S. later this year.
Hyundai’s U.S. dealers have been pressuring the company to green light a pickup and more SUVs as sales for its once-popular Sonata sedan continue falling, reaching a 30 percent drop over the first seven months of 2017. Overall, Hyundai’s U.S. sales fell roughly 11 percent from January through July 31. However, sales for Hyundai’s crossover SUVs increased 11 percent over that same time.
The head of Hyundai’s largest U.S. dealership, Scott Fink, had mixed feelings about the company’s decision to introduce a new pickup and more crossover SUVs in the U.S.
“We are optimistic about the future,” said Fink, chief executive of Hyundai in New Port Richey, Fla. “But we are disappointed that we don’t have the products today.”
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030 2020-07-24
- Hyundai Wins 2020 Truck Innovation Award 2019-12-19
- Hyundai Showcases NEPTUNE Fuel Cell Truck Concept at CIIE 2019-11-14
- Hyundai Motor Company and Cummins to Collaborate on Hydrogen Fuel Cell Tech 2019-09-29
- Sichuan Hyundai Launches New Version of Mighty Light Truck 2019-08-19
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- Hyundai Motor Cuts Truck Production to Cope with Falling Korea's Demand 2018-11-01
- IAA 2018: Hyundai Signs MoU for Rolling out Fuel Cell Electric Trucks 2018-09-21
- Hyundai Motor Agrees New Truck Partnership with Sichuan Energy in China 2018-09-06
- Hyundai Put Self-driving Truck on South Korean Highway for Test Run 2018-08-23
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1