Hyundai Launches a Pickup Truck into U.S. Market
www.chinatrucks.com: Hyundai will be launching a pickup in the U.S. to help make up for double-digit losses as consumers continue to lose interest in sedans.
The automaker will be offering U.S. buyers a truck that’s similar to its Santa Cruz concept which was unveiled in 2015. No date has been given yet for the launch.
The Santa Cruz concept pickup won Concept Truck of the Year at the 14th annual North American Concept Vehicle of the Year (NACVOTY) Awards in July 2015 at the Concours d’Elegance of America at St. John’s.
The truck featured an eco-friendly 2.0-liter turbodiesel engine (190 horsepower, 300 lb.ft. of torque) which powered Hyundai’s HTRAC all-wheel drive system.
A Hyundai executive told Reuters that the company will also be launching a crossover SUV called the Kona in the U.S. later this year.
Hyundai’s U.S. dealers have been pressuring the company to green light a pickup and more SUVs as sales for its once-popular Sonata sedan continue falling, reaching a 30 percent drop over the first seven months of 2017. Overall, Hyundai’s U.S. sales fell roughly 11 percent from January through July 31. However, sales for Hyundai’s crossover SUVs increased 11 percent over that same time.
The head of Hyundai’s largest U.S. dealership, Scott Fink, had mixed feelings about the company’s decision to introduce a new pickup and more crossover SUVs in the U.S.
“We are optimistic about the future,” said Fink, chief executive of Hyundai in New Port Richey, Fla. “But we are disappointed that we don’t have the products today.”
- Hyundai Wins 2020 Truck Innovation Award 2019-12-19
- Hyundai Showcases NEPTUNE Fuel Cell Truck Concept at CIIE 2019-11-14
- Hyundai Motor Company and Cummins to Collaborate on Hydrogen Fuel Cell Tech 2019-09-29
- Sichuan Hyundai Launches New Version of Mighty Light Truck 2019-08-19
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- Hyundai Motor Cuts Truck Production to Cope with Falling Korea's Demand 2018-11-01
- IAA 2018: Hyundai Signs MoU for Rolling out Fuel Cell Electric Trucks 2018-09-21
- Hyundai Motor Agrees New Truck Partnership with Sichuan Energy in China 2018-09-06
- Hyundai Put Self-driving Truck on South Korean Highway for Test Run 2018-08-23
- Sichuan Hyundai Opens 4S Stores in Myanmar 2018-07-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September